My God [Story discussion - heavy spoilers]

Moderator: Moderatoren

45 Beiträge Seite 3 von 5
Koloses
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

From the one moment you could actually predict what's going to happen next but more of that in a spoiler.
[+]
Just a minute before entering a High One's mind you can see that the Pyrean beacon was actually ran. The black stones around it are all dull which means their energy was used for something. From that moment I've already knew that the beacon itself starts the cleansing and that i have a traitor with me because none of the past traitors hired those mercenaries or admitted that he killed Lishari. Anyway in the end i just flee with Calia hoping that she won't die of age thanks to the part of Black Stone inside of her. I'm still curious who the Veiled Woman and Aged Man are since the fate was killed in Nehrim so they must be something else. I also hoped to at least see one of ShadowGods involvment but that did not happen.

Also I don't like how Rhetoric is useless most of the time. There should be a way to talk Arantheal out of his idea in the end somehow if you have 100 of it something like convicing them to let people enjoy their lives while they still can and that would make high ones the victims of a fear they feed on and scream that Arantheal is supposed to run the god damn beacon. Everyone would realise that without it they're powerless and then we'd have a happy ending thanks to 100 Rhetorics :v
Anyway the game is wonderful 8) but it left me with so many questions without an answer.
Daxim
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Koloses hat geschrieben:
From the one moment you could actually predict what's going to happen next but more of that in a spoiler.
[+]
Just a minute before entering a High One's mind you can see that the Pyrean beacon was actually ran. The black stones around it are all dull which means their energy was used for something. From that moment I've already knew that the beacon itself starts the cleansing and that i have a traitor with me because none of the past traitors hired those mercenaries or admitted that he killed Lishari. Anyway in the end i just flee with Calia hoping that she won't die of age thanks to the part of Black Stone inside of her. I'm still curious who the Veiled Woman and Aged Man are since the fate was killed in Nehrim so they must be something else. I also hoped to at least see one of ShadowGods involvment but that did not happen.

Also I don't like how Rhetoric is useless most of the time. There should be a way to talk Arantheal out of his idea in the end somehow if you have 100 of it something like convicing them to let people enjoy their lives while they still can and that would make high ones the victims of a fear they feed on and scream that Arantheal is supposed to run the god damn beacon. Everyone would realise that without it they're powerless and then we'd have a happy ending thanks to 100 Rhetorics :v
Anyway the game is wonderful 8) but it left me with so many questions without an answer.
I never picked up on the thing with the stones :O
Also, I kinda like the fact that no matter what you do something dreadful happens; adds a certain layer of emotion to it, I was expecing a happy ending of course, but not getting one was so emotional in a good way for me.
UngodlyGod
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Koloses hat geschrieben:
[+]

Well, I actually suspected that
[+]
the Beacon is necessary for The Cleansing to happen when it was described as a 'bomb' without its core, and this was reinforced when we need to use the Black Stones (which has the High Ones' influence) to power it. I also expected that our team would fail in extracting the Numinos in some manner because it's obvious this won't be that easy.

But Tealor activated the beacon and Cleansed everyone in Ark? Wow, I didn't expect that at all.
I thought that we're going to use Calia's demon as the replacement Numinos but holy crap the ending was really bittersweet. For the ending, I sacrificed myself since it ties well with the Prophet's struggles with his/her childhood trauma.

I thought The Butcher of Ark was going to play a big role in the main quest, but we only get to collect the books. Why? Where's the Black Libra? What is the Black Libra?
I wish there were more stuff on who or what The Veiled Woman and The Aged Man are.
I also want to know how Sarantha fit in all this. She had the power to control the fate of mortals. Does that mean she has the potential to stop The Cleansing? Or is she a part of the Cycle?

Well whatever, in the end, Enderal is an extraordinarily fantastic experience. :thumbsup:
Exceptional story, lore and world-building. Tealor Arantheal's story brought me to tears. What a pitiful man.
calfurius
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

This was a LOT better than I expected. The story in Enderal was far superior than Skyrim's, I felt actively engaged with the story and I had an actual connection to the characters. Some people accuse Enderal of being linear, but honestly that's a strength it has. The problem with Skyrim is that in an attempt to be "open" it made itself very shallow. In Skyrim, you could marry any NPC and quests were incredibly basic and boring. In Skyrim you had 5 "main cities", but those cities were so incredibly small that they were more akin to villages if anything.

In Enderal, everything is detailed. Yes, it doesn't have any many quests as Skyrim. Yes, you can't marry every single NPC. Yes there is only one major city. However, they make up greatly for it.

The quests are well thought out and you feel actively engaged with them. The main storyline in Enderal is amazing. You guys brilliantly paced it out well. Not only did the quests feel unique, but you guys made sure you paced it out in a way to encourage the player to go exploring during "down times" in the main storyline. The pacing was something that the main storyline in Skyrim sorely lacked.

You can only have a relationship with two characters, however it slowly grows over the course of the game and you feel far more connected with these characters.

There is only one major city, Ark, however Ark is massive. It's what cities in Skyrim should have been. With Ark, I feel like this is truly a large city filled with people. In Skyrim you have to suspend your disbelief because of how shrunk down and tightly squeezed the cities are.

The only thing that really bothered me was the bugs (especially when NPCs need to follow you on the road.), a few localization problems, and the character leveling system while being unique, was honestly pretty annoying.

But those are really just minor issues. Enderal is probably one of the the best RPGs I've played.

I give it an 86/100, you guys did a really great job.
walpurgisnacht
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

As a person who has sidled up real close to Disney corporation talent after many years of being a starving artist, I feel qualified to make the following general statement: corporate media, its distribution monopoly, and its promotion machine is driven economically by advertisement behavioralism. Your TV shows and your movies designed to be big ratings boosts on your TVs are designed as a "cool medium" but also, they are designed with the same sort of behavioralism that studies have indicated make consumers purchase cheaper to produce goods more often. These elements are mainly the sort of things that make you look at the commercial and go "now why would they do that?" The disturbing factor is proven to make you remember the product.

Also, with the reigning nepostism due to this being the industry norm in the USA since product placement negotiations in the 80s entrenched ad execs in producers meetings - more artistic products are downplayed as they compete too well if given equal promotion. I have seen Terry Gilliam, Alexandro Jodorowsky, and Quentin Tarantion all complain about being run over by promotions for blockbusters such as Spider Man and Star Wars movies. Speilberg, Cruise, Lucas and their ilk do not want to be upstaged by DIY art, to put it bluntly.

So your webpages like PC Gamer have an editor who only accepts articles which lean in the direction of mainstream and who, when advertising for indies - give it the ascerbic touch.

The best thing to do about it is to 1) not give them your money as much and 2) spread the word.
Dalec
Bettler
Bettler

I stopped buying PCGamer years ago because of their crap reviews on some games that I Knew were by far better than the rubbish they praised.
They are, like a lot of gaming mags, paid to give good reviews and scores to some BIG company games, and it often shows them for fools.
This game, like many mods similar to this (this being a giant, others being linked quests) make some game company products a shallow and weakly made products.
Now eagerly awaiting a continuation, my arm will hurt hanging on :p
sirhallin
Bettler
Bettler

UngodlyGod hat geschrieben:
Koloses hat geschrieben:
[+]

Well, I actually suspected that
[+]
the Beacon is necessary for The Cleansing to happen when it was described as a 'bomb' without its core, and this was reinforced when we need to use the Black Stones (which has the High Ones' influence) to power it. I also expected that our team would fail in extracting the Numinos in some manner because it's obvious this won't be that easy.

But Tealor activated the beacon and Cleansed everyone in Ark? Wow, I didn't expect that at all.
I thought that we're going to use Calia's demon as the replacement Numinos but holy crap the ending was really bittersweet. For the ending, I sacrificed myself since it ties well with the Prophet's struggles with his/her childhood trauma.

I thought The Butcher of Ark was going to play a big role in the main quest, but we only get to collect the books. Why? Where's the Black Libra? What is the Black Libra?
I wish there were more stuff on who or what The Veiled Woman and The Aged Man are.
I also want to know how Sarantha fit in all this. She had the power to control the fate of mortals. Does that mean she has the potential to stop The Cleansing? Or is she a part of the Cycle?

Well whatever, in the end, Enderal is an extraordinarily fantastic experience. :thumbsup:
Exceptional story, lore and world-building. Tealor Arantheal's story brought me to tears. What a pitiful man.

I have been struggling over who the veiled woman is the entire time. One thing i came up with was that she is possibly the shadow god from nehrim.
Now i played a man in nehrim, many people did i bet, but if you consider the possibility that she is the shadow god one thing stands out. She is freed from fate, and able to acknowledge and intervene with the cycle.

In the flashback to the pyrean cleansing/civil war there is mention that the person who instigated the cleansing as coarek does in present day took the role of both shadowgod and oppressor. But the present situation makes it clear is just not possible, because the shadowgod MET coarek in nehrim, we helped him win his civil war. So that is already different in our phase of the cycle, that the shadowgod and instigator are not the same...so what is the shadowgod up to throughout the events of enderal?

I cant speak for what Arkt is doing though...maybe hes the aged man? i doubt it, it seems like that legend has been building for far too many years for that to make sense.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

I think The Butcher Of Ark is evidence that we have went mad and everything we experienced is in our heads.See my main post "The Butcher of Ark-does it gives us a clue"?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I was just thinking about the memory trees in the meditation state. There are roughly 100 talents/memories. If the player has all of these memories, and can "remember" how to do something, given some experience to generate a memory point, how could the player have learned all these things to begin with, in order to have these "memories"? Maybe the player is some type of collective consciousness? of . . . . ? Or the player might have been reincarnated many times over to accumulate all these diverse memories?
svaln
Bettler
Bettler

Maybe these memories belong to all of the previous prophets? Or maybe PC indeed receives an access to all of the collective unconscious after his transformation.
45 Beiträge Seite 3 von 5