[Spoiler] A major plot hole.

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
HelloImRandom
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hey, I just finished playing Enderal, and I'm absolutely in love with the game, especially considering how it was done for free. That being said I can't quite understand the deal with Black Guardian, especially his motives.
Plothole #1: Why would he attack you?
[+]
Okay, everyting he tells us makes perfect sense. Until he asks the Prophet to shut him down, when he just said he'd try to contact us after we get to the Star City. From this point we may already figure out he's up to something, now, why does he tries to switch his place with the Prophet? He claims that he is beter suited to become a god thant Prophet and that he will also free the Prophet after cthe cleansing is over. The thing is, he entered the unfinished Goliath in the first place because cleansing was imminent. If he managed to get out of it he'd simply get cleansed. There's no way he could get to Star City on his own and even if he could, he's not a Fleshless, he wouldn't live long enough to change anything, let alone become a god. The Prophet practically had to carry Jespar/Calia to the pod. But even then, that's a minor one. What puzzles me even more is that he actually attacks the Prophet after the transfer is interrupted. Killing the Proiphet would mean he'd be stuck in the Goliath for another eternity. If he'd just let us go he could at least hope that we would come back after some years and free him. That's what I'd do anyway, his knowledge is invaluable.
My theory is that he was initially supposed to be a minor chracter who'd only provide you some insight and then actually ask you to shut him down, and the actual boss battle was supposed to be against Coarek/Arantheal, but it got cut out and a replacement was needed.
Plothole #2: There's no way his near the Undercity.
[+]
Arantheal gave an explanation as to why no one did any archeological digs near Ark, so it's reasonable that no one discovered him in our cycle. But how come the Pyreans didn't find him? Their capitol was under Undercity, supposedly right next to Black Guardian. Even if you somehow find an explanation for this, why is everything frozen in his lair? Both Undercity and the City of a Thousand Floods seem to be decently warm, and supposedly the deeper you dig the hotter it gets.
My proposed solution would be to just scrap the idea of him being near the Undercity and instead make the lore say that he's somewhere in the Frocliff mountains.
Hopefully both of these issues will get fixed in the DLC, for which by the way I can't wait.
Once again, thanks to SureAI for creating this game!
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

The Black Guardian
[+]
Will inhabit your fleshless body making him resistant to cleansing like you.So he will have time to board the pods and launch himself to the Starcity.
Plus
He may know a way out of the Flooded City.Calia knows one why not he?He is around for a long time and has had time to study the architecture of the place.Or he can access your inventory and get a teleport to the Temple scroll
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

The Black Guardian
[+]
Will inhabit your fleshless body making him resistant to cleansing like you.So he will have time to board the pods and launch himself to the Starcity.And he may already know a way out of the Flooded City.Calia knows one why not he?He is around for a long time and has had time to study the architecture of the place.Or he can access your inventory and get a teleport to the Temple scroll
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1