[SPOILERS] Theory about Calia/Jespar

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
OrbitStamina
Bettler
Bettler

Alrighty so I was doing some pondering on the final scenes of Enderal and I had a thought. Those of you who completed the game will know that there is a moment when you, Tealor Arantheal, and one or two others (I forget who) are separated from your beloved after part of the dungeon collapses. According to Arantheal, Calia/Jespar was killed on impact. However, when you are confronting the Black Guardian, they suddenly reappear and help you defeat the Guardian. At first I thought this was simply because they were not actually injured during the dungeon collapse, but then I had a new thought: What if they did die, and the Calia/Jespar that helps you fight the Guardian is a fleshless version of them? I think that all the necessary things to be a fleshless one are there: they have what seems to them to be a near death experience, where they only just escaped death (when in reality they actually did die), one of their last desires that remained unfulfilled shortly before death was to keep you alive and be with you; they are driven by that when fighting the Black Guardian, and they seem to be less affected by the light of the cleansing than the others. What do you think? Am I simply misinterpreting the events of the game? Add your thoughts below.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

OrbitStamina hat geschrieben:
Alrighty so I was doing some pondering on the final scenes of Enderal and I had a thought. Those of you who completed the game will know that there is a moment when you, Tealor Arantheal, and one or two others (I forget who) are separated from your beloved after part of the dungeon collapses. According to Arantheal, Calia/Jespar was killed on impact. However, when you are confronting the Black Guardian, they suddenly reappear and help you defeat the Guardian. At first I thought this was simply because they were not actually injured during the dungeon collapse, but then I had a new thought: What if they did die, and the Calia/Jespar that helps you fight the Guardian is a fleshless version of them? I think that all the necessary things to be a fleshless one are there: they have what seems to them to be a near death experience, where they only just escaped death (when in reality they actually did die), one of their last desires that remained unfulfilled shortly before death was to keep you alive and be with you; they are driven by that when fighting the Black Guardian, and they seem to be less affected by the light of the cleansing than the others. What do you think? Am I simply misinterpreting the events of the game? Add your thoughts below.
Arantheal never said that your companion was killed on impact.That was the Black Guardian who could be lying (trying to manipulate you).

Even if your companion was killed,the High Ones (who can create fleshless imitations) have no reason to create another one.

So no,neither Calia or Jespar are fleshless.
irmi
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 14 Mal

Orbit, have you done Jespar and Calia's personal quests? Not sure if they are mandatory. There are events that convince me that both of them might be fleshless.

Major spoilers following!
[+]
* Calia carries the Black Stone or at least its powers in her as her father 'healed' her with it.

* Jespar gets resurrected by the Veiled Woman after he's killed in the quest where you help him find his sister. Sounds pretty similar to the MC who gets resurrected by the same person/entity after they get kicked off the ship...
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

They can nor be fleshless because:
[+]
At the ending it is shown that they are greatly affected by the Beacon's Cleansing Light while the truly fleshless Prophet/ess barely feels it.It is true that on the Temple's yard we find Tealor and Coarec both fleshless but greatly suffering.But these two were very close to the Beacon and had prolonged exposure to it's destructive power.
clairobscur
Gauner
Gauner

I didn't read your post and the answers, but came in to mention that the title of the thread is apparently in itself a big spoiler, since it makes me assume that Calia/Jespar die at the end of the game, which I would rather not have known.

Even if I'm wrong and they don't in fact die, I'm now expecting it from this title and I'm going to expect it till the end, so it still spoils the game for me.

Maybe a mod could fix it by changing the thread's title to something less telling?
raspudding
Gauner
Gauner

Umm... It is hard to say, but I think both of them are not fleshless.
[+]
From the dialougues after the Prophet(ess) and his/her companion escaped from the Black Guardian, we could know they mentioned the Cleansing and how does the Cleansing feel like. According to companion (Calia/Jespar), they felt like burn,burn in their heads, but the Prophet(ess) felt faintly. As the companion said, the fleshless body protected prophet(ess). :?
If that makes sense, the intensity of Cleansing must be invesely proportional to the distance from the ground. Umm... I'm just guessing. Replies above are much more reasonable than mine. :thumbsup:
Deleted User 23162

No. They are definitely not Fleshless. That title was only meant for the Prophet/ess because he/she was the catalyst of the plot. The companions were just his/her support system to understand and question their existence and purpose. It was a test.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1