[Possible Spoil] Poll: What Ending Did You Pick?

Moderator: Moderatoren

17 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2

What Ending Did You Pick?

34%
"Float Away" (Go back to Enderal & certain death)
66%
"Escape Pod" (Flee to Star City & stay alive to continue fight)

Abstimmungen insgesamt: 44

BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Been discussed before, but if subject has its own topic, couldn't find it.

With a possible sequel & alternate ending, thought it might be fun to do a poll.
TheKharjo
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Choose to destroy the beacon, because i cant lead humanity on a better path if i sacrificed millions out of fear, or the wish to become a god.
Also i wanted to see the big boom!
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Let the world burn and flee to the Star City with Calia.I just couldn't trust humanity not falling victim to the High Ones manipulations again.Better survive,built a Beacon on my own and banish those b*stards forever.If you want something done,you better do it yourself.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Oopps! Never do something like create a poll late at night. :shock:

'Dark Lord' already asked same question just not as a poll.

So about 11 so far & more or less 50-50.

Chose "float away" myself-- give my buddy a chance to escape & carry on fight. Debatably, he probably saved me from fever, so felt owed him one.
[+]
Some might be replaying as I am so putting question in a spoil.

For those who chose "float away'...

Anyone remember exact or fairly close quote at the end?

Something like, "A great philosopher once said...(something profound)" Didn't jot it down in time, but figure that's very important to understanding the story.

Thanks!
Newcago
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Well, my technically correct answer is "both." My original plan was just to play one ending on this playthrough, and take the other on the next one. But three days after I finished the game (I'd chosen the escape ending) I was still feeling really emotional and just couldn't get this game out of my head. I tried the sacrifice ending, and I felt a lot better. My first ending is still "canon" to me, because it's what my character would have done. But the sacrifice ending is what I would have done, so that was the one I needed to see to feel okay about everything.

Really, this whole game has been an adventure for me because I was so different from my character. She liked Jespar; I liked Calia. She felt like humanity was flawed and not worth saving; I felt like humanity's desire to overcome its flaws were what made them worth saving in the first place. She saw the big picture; I was lost in the details. She was afraid to die; I was afraid to live forever.

What was amazing what how at the very end, my character and I could finally agree with each other. We both believe that the Cycle is inevitable. She decided that meant she was going to get as much out of her time with Jespar as possible; I decided that meant it was worth buying the rest of humanity a few more minutes of precious time.

...yeah, I may be taking this too seriously.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:

So about 11 so far & more or less 50-50.

Chose "float away" myself-- give my buddy a chance to escape & carry on fight. Debatably, he probably saved me from fever, so felt owed him one.
[+]
Some might be replaying as I am so putting question in a spoil.

For those who chose "float away'...

Something like, "A great philosopher once said...(something profound)" Didn't jot it down in time, but figure that's very important to understanding the story.

Thanks!

The answer to your question is:
[+]
A great philosopher once said every change begins with a moment of lucidity
Personally I do not think it is important to understand the story.but it is important as an argument in favor of the sacrifice ending.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Newcago hat geschrieben:
Well, my technically correct answer is "both." My original plan was just to play one ending on this playthrough, and take the other on the next one. But three days after I finished the game (I'd chosen the escape ending) I was still feeling really emotional and just couldn't get this game out of my head. I tried the sacrifice ending, and I felt a lot better. My first ending is still "canon" to me, because it's what my character would have done. But the sacrifice ending is what I would have done, so that was the one I needed to see to feel okay about everything.

...yeah, I may be taking this too seriously.
I wouldn't say that about being too serious. Story is the whole point of the game right?

Interesting for me because your reaction was similar to mine only in reverse. Chose 'sacrifice' and pretty cool send off.

So... Chose "escape" just to find out, and was amazed. Choosing it was really hard! Even after final battle, still have a chance to change my mind, and I'm like "I don't want to do this!" Talk about investment in a game. : 0 !

So having just finished "escape" ending, was expecting same kind of closure, "words of wisdom" -- whatever you want to call it.

Instead, all I got was, "It's up to us."

Huh... That's it? After all that effort... That's it?!

Just Calia and I... Up in the Star City... With Happy Unicorns, Pretty Ponies, and balloons? How romantic! Bleah... :roll:

Granted I did choose escape, so one could argue, "what more is there to say?" But still... Guess I expected a more than one sentence of dialogue.

Hope that makes sense and doesn't come off like I'm baiting the clear majority who chose "escape."
MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
Personally I do not think it is important to understand the story.but it is important as an argument in favor of the sacrifice ending.
Yeah, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Still trying to puzzle it out-- esp. "Veiled Lady."

After playing it a second time, have a few more leads but maybe there isn't an answer.

Have to wait for next installment.

That said, maybe "philosopher" one of three options?

1.) He's just saying that, and there is no philosopher!

2.) He was referring to someone, but paraphrasing him, or maybe quote got lost in translation.

3.) Clue to help us understand what he wants to say.

If it's number three, I'll take a guess.

Eric Hoffer?

Not exactly a household name, but whether by accident or by design-- some of the stuff Hoffer wrote about is pretty close to the story: humility, being real with yourself (as opposed to lying to yourself) fanaticism...

Oh, and erm... dare I say writing?

"Good writing, like gold, combines lustrous lucidity with high density. What this means is good writing is packed with hints.

"The growth of a train of thought is not a direct forward flow. There is a succession of spurts separated by intervals of stagnation, frustration, and discouragement. If you hold on, there is bound to come a certain clarification. The unessential components drop off and a coherent, lucid whole begins to take shape."

( retrieved from https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Eric_Hoffer )

Anyway, it's been a blast!

Have fun & enjoy game no matter what ending.
Dark Lord
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I did create a poll for my own topic regarding this subject. :P
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Dark Lord hat geschrieben:
I did create a poll for my own topic regarding this subject. :P
Hey.

Glad you posted. Honestly didn't mean to double post on top of you like that. Not cool.

Hope you'll accept my apology.

I owe you one. :)
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I picked destroy the Beacon.

Reasons: At least there will be direct contact with someone (my spouse, Calia) with people who are already fighting this in another continent. There were already previous prophets who fled and had to watch each generations fail.
17 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2