Ark - where is the name od the capital from?

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
my_summertime
Krieger
Krieger

Anyone knows why capital city name's Ark? I can't find any book about origin of this name. Does "ark" as "ark of God" have something in common?
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

my_summertime hat geschrieben:
Anyone knows why capital city name's Ark? I can't find any book about origin of this name. Does "ark" as "ark of God" have something in common?
Interesting, never thought of that specific "ark".

The city's name strongly reminds me of the name "Arkt" from Nehrim, though I see no real connection there. Or maybe one of the devs just shouted out "Argh!!!" when making the game, and that's how they came up with the name :wink: .
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

There are a few possibilities. One is that the origin of the name is intentionally ambiguous, just as many elements of the main story are, to encourage discussion with no clear cut answer.

In the older SureAI mod Arktwend, there is lore that Arkt and Wend fought a major battle, and Arkt's body was locked away in the halls of Enderal. The empire that rose afterwards was named Arktwend, combining the names of the faction leaders. So perhaps likewise the name of Ark was derived from Arkt because he was imprisoned there (if there is not more than one Enderal in Vyn).

I'm not sure all of the Vyn mods are entirely consistent in the use of names. For example, both Arktwend & Enderal have a "Northwind" location although they are different places, but that is a fairly common type of term. Arktwend and Nehrim both have a mage Callisto who may or may not be the same person. Arktwend has a dwarf named Tommy who sails away, and in Nehrim it appears that his body can be found in a beached boat in Nehrim, although it is speculation if it is the same person.
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Or it could be ironic to Noah's Ark, a big ship that the survived people go inside until the disaster is over. In here it's the place where chaos meets and the first place to be destroyed.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1