Finished the game. Story feedback and appreciation

Moderator: Moderatoren

45 Beiträge Seite 4 von 5
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Wow! Re-play value is considered to into the making of this DLC! I hope it will be great for the long wait for TES VI that people are kind of hyped up about it, but I don't think it will come out in 2 years. I looked at "Moment of Silence" topic and saw the list of quests and what made it halted, the DLC will hopefully finish things from that list?

I'm glad it's lean to the 'passion-driven' side of motivation, difficult art projects are kind of de-valued these days (from my perspective) people usually seem to care about the income probability then ended up making generic stuff that they easily make sure they can "sell" even they know it's contradict with what they have in mind.

Your writing project? You mean you also write serious stuff unrelated to mod/video game projects?
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Yeah, the DLC will probably feature some of the quests mentioned in the "A moment of silence"-thread, but also some new ones, such as a quest that will explain the Veiled Woman. Plus, the alternative ending wasn't something we had planned on originally. :)

And yeah, I'm pursuing a serious writing project - in fact, I've almost finished the first draft of my first real novel! Simultaneously with the DLC, I will also begin a second writing project, which I hope people will support in order to allow me to work on the DLC project (The DLC has to remain non-commercial). But more on that in the future! :)
Newcago
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Tell us when your novel comes out! I'm more than sold on checking it out, and I'm always looking for new stuff to read anyway. :)
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

A novel! That is great. As my musical project is going to be a metal opera (heavy metal albums with songs continuing a story lines with character speaking dialogues as singing), I plan to write a novel for it too, since to story outline has about 50 pages, heavily influenced by RPGs with elves, orcs, and inquisitions. But the time for novel is still unknown.

Questline about the Veiled Woman! Great, I don't mind if it will answer some questions or leave more questions to me.

Sorry off-topic but Skyrim Remastered is coming, will it affect Enderal in anyway? Or there's going to be an update for the compatibility?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

ninjamelody hat geschrieben:
Sorry off-topic but Skyrim Remastered is coming, will it affect Enderal in anyway? Or there's going to be an update for the compatibility?
Enderal won't be affected since Skyrim Remastered is a new game in your Steam library and your old Skyrim will stay where it is (and so Enderal). I can't say anything about the compatibility. This would be such a huge amount of work which also needs preparation from other modders (SKSE, SkyUI to name the bigger ones).. We don't have early access or something similar to the Remastered Version. So we can't say anything and we will not promise anything.

Back to topic please :)
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Yeah, the DLC will probably feature some of the quests mentioned in the "A moment of silence"-thread, but also some new ones, such as a quest that will explain the Veiled Woman. Plus, the alternative ending wasn't something we had planned on originally. :))
No kidding-- that would be amazing!

I know you probably can't give direct answer (that would spoil it) but...

...If part of the idea was sort of a 'victory in defeat' kind of thing...

Seems like changing that ending would be really hard.

Good writing keeps us guessing until the end I suppose. :)

Cheers!
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

My lips are sealed! :)
enderal_champion
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

There were things I loved, things I was unsure of and things that I did not like.

Things I did not like:
Some of the enemies were too tough. Too tough that it killed immersion at times. For instance, a war hammer shouldn't take 500 swings to disassemble a skeleton or kill a giant rat. Ok so that's a bit exaggerated but the point is, some of the monsters were soo tough that it felt unrealistic. I understand it's supposed to be challenging but my personal preference is in immersion so that how I felt about that. Also related to the monsters, I did not like that some of the monsters, particularly the lizard creatures in the desert, were soo tough to kill and their only loot was nothing or maybe a claw that was worthless to keep. I'd like to see the loot, at least be worthy of the effort.

Things I was unsure of:
I felt like the game, overall, was far too dialogue heavy. At times, conversations felt like it drug on. I also was not fond of the fact that there were so little developed cities on an island that had been around for thousands of years. I understand that voice actors were limited but it would've been nice to see, at least, one other major city and about 4-5 smaller towns and villages. This, again, falls into my immersive preference.

Things I loved:
There were a handful of voice actors that delivered the dialogues in a manner that didn't seem natural but overall, I was very impressed with the voice actors. Jespar, Arantheal and Calia, in particular, were very impressive. The romance story mode was done in a very fluid, and natural way and I, personally, began to feel like it was a very real romance. Unlike the romance mods in Skyrim where you pursue the ladies of your choice for the privilege of boinking them, this story felt genuine. I loved the soundtrack. I loved the layout of the world. It felt like playing Skyrim for the very first time again where you didn't know where anything was and you were genuinely exploring to discover locations. I loved the overall storyline and the plot twist at the end was not shocking, but definitely unexpected. I love that I began to feel connections with the characters in the game. Unlike its mother game, Skyrim, where followers are just pack mules and enemy distractors, I actually found myself attempting to rescue my friends and followers, on several occasions. And I actually felt sad when I found Jespar and had to tell him that it was "too late, but there was still hope." Anyhow, very impressive game. And I'm referring to it as a game and not a mod because it didn't feel like a mod. It truly felt like it's own standalone game. Excellent job SureAI.
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hey, I hear you about things you love, don't like, and unsure.
About enemies being tough I did not feel that at all, in fact it was the opposite, I had to turn my difficulty to Master at the beginning, and Iron Path after halfway of the game. I played as an assassin and don't want to kill anybody in just 1 hit. But my character development was very focused and done carefully though.

Yes, I like the voice acting and flow of conversations! About Tealor Arantheal I was suspicious that he's not all good for sure from the badass voice acting, but later on I forgot it until the end game.

I understand about the seemingly non stop dialogues that could go up to 15 minutes, and about 50 with the Black Guardian.
enderal_champion
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Yes! The Black Guardian conversation was pretty long. It did explain a lot about the sequences of events but I think it would've been nice to have some of those information revealed by others instead of leaving it all to the Black Guardian to explain.
45 Beiträge Seite 4 von 5