Interesting Aspects

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
jel0sh
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

First off, I love the game & its amazing. Now maybe its just me but has anyone else noticed that the story is awfully familiar to some religious theories/beliefs in real life? I'll tell you what I'm referring to & I'm not sure if it'd really be considered a spoiler or not so I'll just play it safe. What I'm referring to is
[+]
The High Ones being some type of unstoppable force that kills off all human life. Religiously the great flood was not the only mass extinction of the planet & scientifically we know that there have been like 4 I think at least. Theoretically ancient alien people will tell you that those mass extinctions were caused by an unstoppable other worldly force (just like the High Ones) that used a technological weapon (like the beacon) to destroy all life to create new life for out of the ashes of the old the new will rebuild.
Anyways I'll stop there cause I'm getting sleepy but what do you all think? Is it just me or just coincidence or are the parallels meant to be?
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

That's the fun thing about it isn't it? Any interpretation as long as it's in the ballpark as they say. But don't know how far you've played.
[+]
Think it's supported in the cutscenes / dialogue that the high ones are powerless (they're ethereal after all) and rely on mans worst impulses to do each civilization in. So it's people-- even doing what they might believe is right-- who do the damage. i.e. High ones aren't lobbing moon sized asteroids at Enderal's world. It's man being stubborn, arrogant, greedy, etc. etc.
Agree, story & esp. ending gets into a bunch of interesting aspects. Bunch of paradoxes, double-binds... stuff like that.

That said, my take on the writing & Psych... was erm... Well the OP was kind enough to remark on my signature.

Sometimes what is not said (or written in this case) can speak volumes.

Keep the "deep meaning" stuff short! :lol: :)
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1