Dear SureAi,can we have some answers please?

Moderator: Moderatoren

22 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

I implore you to shed light to the mystery of the Aged man.Who is he really?Is he a previous Prophet who managed to escape the cycle and tried to built a better humanity,only to fail and be condemed to watch cycle after cycle unfold,keeping his companion alive in a vat with the help of the Quranian magic that allowes time to pass slower in deep sleep?Or is he someone else entirely?

Who is the veiled woman?Is she a personification of probability/chance?

Will our companion remain unaffected by age if we flee to the Star City or do we have to resort to magic means to preserve them like the Aged man had to do with his companion?

Thank you in advance.
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Seconded. While it is fun to discuss various theories regarding all this, it ultimately seems pointless as for every theory there is evidence for it and evidence against it. That is of course understandable, some contradictions are most likely intentional, and there is always the possibility that some contradictions are merely caused by mistakes, after all, errare humanum est.

So having some authoritative answers on some of the more pressing issues that simply can't be answered with the information provided by the game would be quite helpful.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

i um... third? that i guess.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hey everyone!

As Johannes already pointed out (I think), we'd rather not give a detailed explanation of who they are, since that sort of kills off all the fun in theorizing about them. As for the Veiled Woman, I've thought about adding a new mission in the DLC (If we should have the time and resources to do it) that sheds some more light on her origins. As for the Aged Man, I personally thought that there were enough clues throughout the game (particularly in the manor) that explain his role in the Cycle, but then again, I'm the guy who wrote it, so I'm obviously not a good judge. All I can (and want) to say is: Read the letter, and talk to the woman in the water. Then take a look at how the main quest unfolds. There was a user in the German forums who got fairly close to what I had in mind when I wrote him. :)
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

If only my eight years of studying German amounted to something more than knowing some grammar...

It is mainly the Veiled Woman that is a problem to even theorising about, since there's almost nothing about her, so if you truly do a mission about her, I'm sure all of us would be thrilled.

As for the Aged Man, maybe some clues will become more obvious in a second playthrough, when we actually know what's going on.

And lastly, thank you for writing such a masterpiece.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Hey everyone!

As Johannes already pointed out (I think), we'd rather not give a detailed explanation of who they are, since that sort of kills off all the fun in theorizing about them. As for the Veiled Woman, I've thought about adding a new mission in the DLC (If we should have the time and resources to do it) that sheds some more light on her origins. As for the Aged Man, I personally thought that there were enough clues throughout the game (particularly in the manor) that explain his role in the Cycle, but then again, I'm the guy who wrote it, so I'm obviously not a good judge. All I can (and want) to say is: Read the letter, and talk to the woman in the water. Then take a look at how the main quest unfolds. There was a user in the German forums who got fairly close to what I had in mind when I wrote him. :)
Ooohh why you torment us so Nicolas? :cry:

Can we at least get a hint like if he or his friend have appeared or have been mentioned in Nehrim?

Sigh..Please,please,please implement that mission that will help us understand who she is!I would prefer it over the Golden Sickle missions!

BTW I second Makesin,thank you for writing this masterpiece,I have played many games this is the first one that made me genuine interested in the story and to actually shed tears.

Edit.OMG is the Aged Man the first shadow God?
Zuletzt geändert von MyLongestJourney am 03.09.2016 18:44, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
Edit.OMG is the Aged Man Tel'Imaltath the first shadow God?
Okay, I'll only say one word. One word only. What?

Just how did you come to that conclusion?
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Makesin hat geschrieben:
MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
Edit.OMG is the Aged Man Tel'Imaltath the first shadow God?
Okay, I'll only say one word. One word only. What?

Just how did you come to that conclusion?

Woah,hold it, check this out:

http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Appearance_and_Existence

In these twilight worlds, the creators of their elements sent corresponding creatures to guard and keep the threads of destiny and of the world.
As legend goes, the creatures of light were called Eliath and reveal themselves to the humans in the temple of the creators, whereas the creatures of darkness remain in hiding; hardly any human eye set sight upon them. It is believed they exist in the depths of the oceans. According to legend, these creatures formed the land when the world was young and then left it to take care of itself.
Neither the Eliath nor the creators seemed to intervene directly in the happenings in the world. It seems as if they are spectators of a theatre play they wrote themselves where the plot was not entirely determined, but the general outline of predestinations were fixed. They supplied the framework and then watched to see how the figures acted withing that framework.
The only entity that intervened in the worldly happenings were the Gods. However, the world is older than them, and they too can only move within the given framework.
As it seems, the Eliath had the power of changing the framework when errors came up in it, however they could not create a whole new one. The threads of prophecies build a pattern, a kind of material, and when there are holes in the material the Eliath seal them again.
Is the veiled woman an Eliath?
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

An interesting book, it seems obvious that the High Ones are the dark powers mentioned in there, but I don't think the Veiled Woman would be an Eliath, at least if the book is fully correct.
The primeval energy of darkness also unearthed such creatures, though. I could never find a name for them; historians seemed to refuse to give names to these beings. Perhaps their task is different to that of the Eliath. I am surrounded by speculation, but my theory is that they push the plot of the theatre play onwards, not tolerating idleness and making sure that something is always happening.
They sow seeds of hatred and disharmony into the heads of the people, set them up against each other and initiate wars so that the world remains forever changing but still moving within the given framework, for the Eliath watch over its adherence.
From this following paragraph it just seems that the Eliath set the rules and the darkness (probably the High Ones) work within those rules to set the world in motion. But the Veiled Woman seems to be working against the High Ones and against the Cycle, which I think is still adhering to the rules. So why would she do that if she was an Eliath?
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

You make a valid point.Furthermore the High Ones are made of the collective consiousness of a civilization.So the first High One was created when the first civilization was destroyed in the first Cycle ever.They can not be the primordial dark creatures mentioned in the book...
22 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3