[MAJOR SPOILERS] My conclusions of the Character Mysteries

Moderator: Moderatoren

19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Fundog hat geschrieben:
As for the effects of the Cleansing on non-humans like the Protagonist and Tealor, by the time I got to the Beacon, Tealor was already dead. We do not know how he died or how he would have reacted to the Cleansing, so we can only judge how the Protagonist, a supposed Fleshless One reacted. It is safe to assume any Fleshless One would have been just as resistant as the Protagonist. Coarek was paralyzed so this would indicate he wasn't a Fleshless One.
Wait, Tealor wasn't dead (in neither of the endings, I think), it's there that he says the "I led them to the light. I, alone."

The reactions to the Cleansing are as follows: Tealor (known Fleshless if the Black Guardian tells the truth) is dying, and is delusional. Coarek (a possible Fleshless, there is some circumstantial evidence) is dying and doesn't react to the Prophet. The abandoned companion (possibly Fleshless or otherwise immortal, again some circumstantial evidence) is also dying and doesn't react, the reactions of all the sodliers who we can presume are not immortal or supernatural in any way is the same as the reactions of everyone else.

Opposite to that, the reaction of the saved companion is different, they are affected by the Cleansing, but can still do things (as they either get to out of Enderal, or get to the Starling module, both on their own). And the Prophet says that they don't feel much, but I had this graphical overlay over the model in 3rd person like if the Prophet was burning, no idea if other players experienced the same.

So from that I would assume that the main difference between all the characters is whether they were present at the Beacon when it was lit (those are dying, regardless of their Fleshless status), or if they were below ground at the Black Guardian (those are somewhat affected, but still very much alive). So I don't think the Beacon tells us anything about the Fleshless.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

perhaps something that happened to the player character and the favored companion in the starling city that made them resistant? so being fleshless has nothing to do with it?
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Casper hat geschrieben:
perhaps something that happened to the player character and the favored companion in the starling city that made them resistant? so being fleshless has nothing to do with it?
That certainly is a possibility, but then the other companion was in the city as well, even if separated, and I can't think of anything that has happened there that would make the Prophet and the favoured companion Cleansing resistant.

However, I do think that being Fleshless has nothing to do with the Cleansing resistance. The only difference we ever see is that the favoured companion complains about the burning feeling, while the Prophet doesn't, but they're both capable of doing quite a lot of stuff. And on the other hand, Tealor the Fleshless is dying in the very same fashion like all the soldiers around the Beacon.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Makesin hat geschrieben:
Casper hat geschrieben:
That certainly is a possibility, but then the other companion was in the city as well, even if separated, and I can't think of anything that has happened there that would make the Prophet and the favoured companion Cleansing resistant.

However, I do think that being Fleshless has nothing to do with the Cleansing resistance. The only difference we ever see is that the favoured companion complains about the burning feeling, while the Prophet doesn't, but they're both capable of doing quite a lot of stuff. And on the other hand, Tealor the Fleshless is dying in the very same fashion like all the soldiers around the Beacon.
The light of the Beacon takes time to travel.The MC and his/her chosen companion are deep underground and thus more protected that the ones exposed to the surface.Companion is just more affected than the Prophet because they are not fleshless.
The abandoned companion (possibly Fleshless or otherwise immortal, again some circumstantial evidence) is also dying and doesn't react

You can talk to the abandoned companion on the Sun Temple and have your heart broken :(
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
The light of the Beacon takes time to travel.The MC and his/her chosen companion are deep underground and thus more protected that the ones exposed to the surface.Companion is just more affected than the Prophet because they are not fleshless.
That's the part I'm not convinced about. I just don't see any qualitative difference between those who are known to be Fleshless (Tealor and Prophet) and those who are not. Tealor, Coarek, abandoned companion and random soldiers are all showing the same symptoms, and the only difference between the Prophet and the favoured companion is that the companion complains of feeling burning, but they're still capable of doing the same things the Prophet does.
You can talk to the abandoned companion on the Sun Temple and have your heart broken :(
I had to miss that. Oh my... Kinda glad I missed that, I don't think I'd be able to take that...
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

That's the part I'm not convinced about. I just don't see any qualitative difference between those who are known to be Fleshless (Tealor and Prophet) and those who are not. Tealor, Coarek, abandoned companion and random soldiers are all showing the same symptoms, and the only difference between the Prophet and the favoured companion is that the companion complains of feeling burning, but they're still capable of doing the same things the Prophet does.
Even the Fleshless can be affected by the Beacon and dissolve.Tealor and the abandoned companion are more resistant (you can tel I guess by the fact that both Tealor and the abandoned companion are still lucid enough to be able to communicative).If Coareck is fleshless then he is the only plot hole I see in this scenario unless he can speak but remains silent because he has nothing to tell you.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

i wonder... am i the only one struck by the fact that, of all the stuff that this mod/game tells or shows us, these are the types of mysteries that keep us all up at night?

---edit
i'm only half kidding here, if that.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

these are the types of mysteries that keep us all up at night
You all remind me of a bunch of medieval monks arguing about how many angels can stand on the head of a pin. The story was written to be intentionally ambiguous to generate continued discussion. I think you are trying to find answers to the unanswerable. The true answer is that the entire SureAI team are "High Ones" just messing with your minds. :wink:
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
You all remind me of a bunch of medieval monks arguing about how many angels can stand on the head of a pin. The story was written to be intentionally ambiguous to generate continued discussion. I think you are trying to find answers to the unanswerable. The true answer is that the entire SureAI team are "High Ones" just messing with your minds. :wink:
Luckily, modern science has provided us with an answer to that ancient problem. It's obviously 42.

And I've always wondered how stories like these are actually written. Whether the author knows everything and is simply making fun of the audience, or if they actually don't know everything either.
19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2