Nehrim story

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
manekemaan
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello guys

Really enjoying this mod!!! awesome works.

But I have a question, does the story of Enderal follow after the story of Nehrim?

If so, could someone summarize what happens there for me? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. I would play it myself but i don't have as much free time as I used to :-).

Would really appreciate it ;-)
risiblewilbury
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Obvious spoilers for Nehrim. Btw, this is a long post, as Nehrim was a long game, so I've put it in a spoiler box.
[+]
Some background first. Vyn (the game world) was run by 7 Gods, the Lightborn, who were in fact just very powerful mages. Serving them they had their Seraphim, which Tealor Arantheal was one. He had a son with Irlanda (one of the lightborn), who was Narathzul Arantheal. Narathzul rebelled against the Gods, and managed to kill Erodan (the "creator", leader of the Lightborn) before being betrayed by Barateon, his former ally, who now rules the "middlerealm" of, Nehrim, with Taranor ruling the northrealm, and the southrealm ruled by a strict temple. Narathzul was captured and imprisoned for 1000 years. He wasn't executed because he was Irlanda's son, even though he didn't know this himself.

So in Nehrim, magic was outlawed. Unbeknownst to you, you're character has the ability to use magic, and was invited to a magic friendly group which rebelled against the Gods, and was run by Narathzul before his capture. You do some stuff for them, and befriend a new recruit called Kim, who is a man or woman depending on the players gender. Kim is a companion in many of the main quests. Around this time you are transported to a mysterious realm and meet a woman called Sarantha, who says some stuff which you don't understand.

The first main thing is you free Narathzul, with the aim to kill Barateon. While freeing him you meet some dwarves who you help find plans for a ship which they can pilot back to the city in the sky. Narathzul tells you how he worked for the lightborn, and went on a mission with Arkt, another seraph, and Zelara, who he was in love with. The mission was to retrieve Soul-Flayer, a sword which could kill the lightborn. Zelara and Arkt had a fling, Narathzul became enraged and killed Zelara with the sword, while Arkt escaped.

After you free Narathzul, you retrieve Soul Flayer, where you meet Arkt. The northrealm under Taranor has rebelled against Barateon, and Narathzul allies with Taranor to fight them. You attack the middlerealm, and Barateon commits suicide.

Next, Narathzul wants to find the Predestination of the Tel'Imaltath, which is a prophecy that says a "Shadow God" will rise and destroy the lightborn. He wants to know which conditions he has to meet to become shadow born (Arkt is shadow born, after Narathzul was imprisoned Arkt stopped working for the lightborn). While Narathzul studies this book, you start a rebellion in the southrealm to destabilise the temple there.

Narathzul's spies find where the Lightborn live/hide. Narathzul talks about finally ending the gods reign, but Kim runs away at this speech, not wanting to be involved in the heresy anymore. You are sent to find the sword of Goth, which can also kill a lightborn. The sword is in Arktwend (another province of Vyn, which Arkt is ruler of). Arkt appears, tells you he is a shadow god, and that you have the oppurtunity to become one instead of Narathzul. Arkt will support this idea, because of his fued with Narathzul. Arkt suggest that Narathzul cannot become a shadow god because his mother was a Lightborn.

Once you have this sword, you travel with Narathzul to Stormwend, where the gods are hiding out, and you kill four of them, Esara, Saldrin, Morala and Malphas (Malphas is the ruler of Enderal!). Next you go into a tower, adn meet Irlanda and Tyr (another Lightborn). They tell Narathzul that he is Irlanda's son, and when it is confirmed, Arkt appears and kills Narathzul, saying "Rest in peace. Your life was hell enough". (dramatic).

Tyr and Irlanda escape to Inodan, an island whose rocks are so high they reach the clouds. You meet the dwarves again, who take you on their ship to Inodan, where you find that Irlanda has commited suicide after seeing Narathzul killed. You either kill Tyr, and become shadow god, or spare him, after which he transfers his power to you, and you become shadow god.
This is not the end, but what happens after, and what it means in relation to Enderal, is another post almost as long as this one. If you are still reading, and want to know how it ends, tell me and I'll finish it off, as best I can!
manekemaan
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

ah I see, thank you very much!

If you would be willing to complete it that would be awesome.

So if I get this correct, your player character is the one of the prophecies that kills the "gods" and starts the last fase of the cycle?
risiblewilbury
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

manekemaan hat geschrieben:
ah I see, thank you very much!

If you would be willing to complete it that would be awesome.

So if I get this correct, your player character is the one of the prophecies that kills the "gods" and starts the last fase of the cycle?
That's exactly right. Sorry I haven't completed it yet, I'm a bit busy atm, I may get around to it soon though.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1