The Butcher Of Ark-Does it gives us a clue?

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Makesin hat geschrieben:
I
As for the Butcher, wasn't it mentioned that that companion of his also saw the Veiled Woman?
You assume that the book The Butcher of Ark exists in the real world.If it is part of the fictional world in MCs paranoid mind,it is not strange at all that his companion saw the woman.
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
You assume that the book The Butcher of Ark exists in the real world.If it is part of the fictional world in MCs paranoid mind,it is not strange at all that his companion saw the woman.
Yeah, that could be an explanation, but then I have a problem with the theory that the whole game is just the MC's hallucination.

Basically said, the story presents us with things which we know are true (from Nehrim), yet which the MC couldn't have known. Namely the character of Constantine Firespark (who is a mage of Narathzul's Order in both games, although he could have gone to Ostian, so the MC could know about this one), the character of Tealor Arantheal (how could the MC know about his imprisonment?) and mainly, the fact that Narathzul is the son of Tealor and Irlanda (which the MC simply can't know, since nobody apart of a chosen few characters from Nehrim knows this). So unless the hallucination accidentaly created things that are true, I just don't buy into it.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Makesin hat geschrieben:
Yeah, that could be an explanation, but then I have a problem with the theory that the whole game is just the MC's hallucination.

Basically said, the story presents us with things which we know are true (from Nehrim), yet which the MC couldn't have known. Namely the character of Constantine Firespark (who is a mage of Narathzul's Order in both games, although he could have gone to Ostian, so the MC could know about this one), the character of Tealor Arantheal (how could the MC know about his imprisonment?) and mainly, the fact that Narathzul is the son of Tealor and Irlanda (which the MC simply can't know, since nobody apart of a chosen few characters from Nehrim knows this). So unless the hallucination accidentaly created things that are true, I just don't buy into it.
i happen to agree with this too (as i noted elsewhere). now, the only counter i can think of to the above: consider that the main character might not be the dreamer, but a figment of someone else's imagination... Tealor for instance (just as an example, as he likely dies before the pc and thus makes it unlikely), then that particular situation has an explanation, albeit a rather poor one.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Makesin hat geschrieben:

Allright this is the most valid counter-argument against the "It is all in the MCs paranoid mind" theory so far.Still it is not impossible he/she had knowledge of that info.People do talk.

Personally I think it would suck if the imaginary world theory was true.Yes the main story of Enderal left me slightly traumatized (Calia...noooooooo!) but I would be annoyed if SureAI broke the news that nothing we experienced was real.
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Allright this is the most valid counter-argument against the "It is all in the MCs paranoid mind" theory so far.Still it is not impossible he/she had knowledge of that info.People do talk.

Personally I think it would suck if the imaginary world theory was true.Yes the main story of Enderal left me slightly traumatized (Calia...noooooooo!) but I would be annoyed if SureAI broke the news that nothing we experienced was real.
Thanks for the kind words. I am certain that if the story demanded it, the main character could know about Constantine Firespark and Tealor Arantheal from Ostian. But I really don't see how they could learn about Narathzul being Irlanda's son, unless Arkt or the Nehrim PC told everyone. But wouldn't it then be portrayed as common knowledge, even if it's all just one large hallucination?

And yeah, I personally dislike these theories claiming that the whole story is a hallucination (like that theory that Harry Potter is merely a mental institute patient...), but I get why some people get fascinated with them.
15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2