How does Sarantha fit within the Cycle? [SPOILERS]

Moderator: Moderatoren

21 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3
Cyrenne
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 46 Mal

Good question^^

I don't think it was pointless. I mean, we destroyed the book and the emissary of fate, right? So either it's done for good or the Eliath will have to write another book (depending on who actually wrote the book, another unanswered question, or maybe it's answered somewhere and I just can't remember it^^) and find another powerfull being to take Saranthas place.

BUT! Since everything is destroyed anyway with the high ones and the purification (if that's the right term, haven't had the time yet to play Enderal in english^^) in each cycle, it's kind of obsolete, don't you think?^^

So, we killed Sarantha, this cycle and universes emissary of fate, destroyed the book of predestination(?) and went on our merry way. Along comes everything that leads to the high ones awakening and the purification, rinse and repeat. That's how it usually goes, how every cycle before has gone, except for the killing of the emissary of fate, cause afair the usual mo with this is, shadow god kills the gods, emissary kills shadow god, the end. We just had some luck with Arkt and him helping us.
UngodlyGod
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Our actions in Nehrim probably altered something in the grand scheme of things.
The cycle in Enderal was indeed different, because we were helped by The Veiled Woman. Even the Machine said he was surprised being able to meet with us, considering how unlikely it was for it to happen. So it's not as depressing as it seems.

Sad there won't be any more sequels in the world of Vyn.
Cyrenne
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 46 Mal

Call me crazy but...

What if, by defeating Sarantha we made the appearance of the veiled woman possible? *dundunduuuuun*
sirhallin
Bettler
Bettler

what if the veiled woman is the player character from Nehrim, and unbound from fate it was her choice to intervene in the cycle?
risiblewilbury
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

sirhallin hat geschrieben:
what if the veiled woman is the player character from Nehrim, and unbound from fate it was her choice to intervene in the cycle?
If I were the developer, I would steal that answer and make it canon, because it's amazing! :thumbsup:
Hanekem
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

An interesting idea, but the Black Guardian mentioned the Veiled Woman as an old player in this game.

Though she might be free of fate now and able to intervene? I'd probably need to play Neherim...
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

maybe as a surviving shadow god... having just destroyed fate or fate's messenger, the old pc (from nehrim) now has the ability to alter past events slightly (just spit-balling here)? without fate/order perhaps such things are possible.
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Casper hat geschrieben:

maybe as a surviving shadow god... having just destroyed fate or fate's messenger, the old pc (from nehrim) now has the ability to alter past events slightly (just spit-balling here)? without fate/order perhaps such things are possible.
I doubt that'd be possible since we know the Veiled Woman is oler than that. Not just because the Black Guardian says so, but because we've actually seen her save Maya/Calia, which would put her in action some 15 years before the events of Nehrim and Enderal.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Makesin hat geschrieben:
Casper hat geschrieben:

I doubt that'd be possible since we know the Veiled Woman is oler than that. Not just because the Black Guardian says so, but because we've actually seen her save Maya/Calia, which would put her in action some 15 years before the events of Nehrim and Enderal.
if the shadow god could move through time it doesn't really matter... and yes i know, not bloody likely. but it's a pleasant little thought that tickles me, however unlikely.

---edit
i guess i should note i don't actually agree with my little theory here, i'm just trying to explain if the shadow god can travel through time (after killing fate) they could be the veiled woman. i doubt that actually any of that happened; however, like i said the thought amuses me.
dreadrath
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

What I would really like to know is if Arkt and my Shadow God would have had the power to survive the Cleansing? They both became extremely powerful, enough so to surpass any Light Born, and the player even inherits the Shadow God Citadel that is supposedly full of power and mystery. Not to mention the Soul Flayer housing Narthazul's soul (Asuming The Player doesn't pass up the chance to become Shadow God and destroy the Soul Flayer)

Arkt himself is a bit of a mystery since I thought there was only supposed to be one Shadow God per cycle, which for a while made me wonder if he was from a previous cycle having somehow escaped death at the hands of that cycle's envoy of Fate. Though I dropped that idea because it holds too little evidence. Still, since there is no evidence Shadow Gods or Light Born of past cycles survived, likely slain by fate's envoy, perhaps even Shadow God's would fall to the Cleansing (I hope not given how much time I put into Nehrim)

I do believe the events of Nehrim however played a major role in why the Prophet of this cycle was able to act differently, and why the Veiled Woman was given the freedom to act this time around. It is a nice thought that the Nehrim Shadow God Player is manifesting as the Veiled Woman, but It's a stretch.
21 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3