Plot hole regarding Word of the Dead?

Moderator: Moderatoren

18 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Summer
Bettler
Bettler

Given that we were able to use the Word of the Dead to relive the Pyrean's last memories and find out how he died, why can't we do the same thing with Lishari? It was my very first impulse and I was surprised to see that it wasn't even an option in the quest.

Also, I found her death a bit glossed over by virtually everyone in the Order. I get that we're in the middle of trying to stave off (or not, because Tealor says these evil Black Stones are going to power this allegedly benevolent machine and I am now quite sure that the Beacon is not benevolent at all) the apocalypse here, but the loss of such an integral team member should still raise more eyebrows. This very obviously was not the work of a glimmerdust addict, but I'm the only one who seems to think so.

Are there any plans to patch in some dialogue or something to cover why we can't use the Word of the Dead on Lishari?

Also, I have to say Enderal is utterly amazing so far. There's a lot of deep and thoughtful stuff here to ponder - the point of existence, theism versus atheism, a beautiful lie versus an ugly truth, fate versus free will, are we ever truly free or always driven by our past or something else beyond our control, is mankind going to be the death of itself...I'm having a really great time. Stellar job, guys. I can only imagine what you could create if you had something like the Witcher 3 engine and $50 million dollars.
DevilSauron
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

This was my first thought after I reported her death to the grandmaster and he was like "ok ok, some <insert not important name here> will investigate it, if she just wasn't that secretive blah blah" :D
calfurius
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Holy shit, that didn't even occur to me. LOL
theslowarrow
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

That thought occurred to me too, partly due to that in my playthrough the quest stage 'search for hints of Lishari's death' was bugged.
I already had a capdust bottle in inventory by then so picking up the one on floor didn't trigger Sha'Rim's dialogue, so after a vain search in the entire tavern I finally thought of word of dead but couldn't find it in inventory either. :oops:
Toorlokviing
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

i think it was intentional that the word of the dead not being able to be used on lashiri due to it revealing the traitor...thus allowing a diff ending. its fine as is but like i said i think it was intentional that way.
Summer
Bettler
Bettler

I know it was intentional, but what I mean is that there's no in-game reason why it can't be done and it's never brought up as a possibility by anyone. That seems like a bit of an oversight - if someone suggested it and it was shot down, it would make more sense. Just seems odd that the Aged Man went to all the trouble to leave us with the Word of the Dead after we used it and then someone important dies in suspicious circumstances and we just...never mention it.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hello!

There was actually a quest started by Leora Eren to investiage Lishari's death. We know that right now, people in the Order just shrug it off, which makes it a little unbelievable. However, the quest had to be cut due to too little scripters (Like so many other things. :()

I really, really like the idea of using the Word of the Dead to follow up Lishari's murder. Funny that I didn't even think of that. I will write it down as a potential idea for the Story-DLC which we might start developing at the end of this year (No promises, though). :)
Summer
Bettler
Bettler

Now that I've finished the game, Arantheal's reaction or lack thereof is fitting given his increasingly heartless and obsessive approach to the whole situation. Everyone else, a little less so. The Word of the Dead is definitely a swift and easy resolution to the mystery and would spoil the big reveal about the traitor later, but there must be a way to work it in. Perhaps make it an option only if the player has 100 Rhetoric?

I don't know how you guys feel about a possible different ending if you have 100 Rhetoric and therefore manage to figure the whole thing out. I felt very apprehensive about the Beacon once I learned we needed the Black Stones to power it, and I didn't trust Yuslan when he started talking to Naea - he wasn't forthcoming about her identity and so I actually thought she was a High One given that I had just previously learned that they were immaterial. I also became uncomfortable with continuing to follow Arantheal sometime around his "interrogation" of Bartarr. I wish there had been a way to act on my suspicions and concerns in-game and do some investigation of my own.

Having said that, I understand why things unfold the way they do - the development of mankind always playing out the same way, nudged and guided by the High Ones to relive the Cycle over and over, the Emissaries always playing the parts the same way. On one hand I know it's vital to the theme of the game to only deviate from the path at the very end, but on the other I wish there was some carefully hidden path by which I could have spit in the eye of destiny and overthrown the whole thing from the start.

Awesome job.
Synthoras
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

write it down as a potential idea for the Story-DLC which we might start developing at the end of this year (No promises, though).
I really hope you do that would be incredible.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

It gets more likely with every passing day. The less I deal with Enderal on a daily basis, the more ideas I am getting. :)
18 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2