The Winter Sky Song- History or Prophecy? (Major spoilers for the end of the game)

Moderator: Moderatoren

1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1
DrakeArron
Bettler
Bettler

Ok, so I haven't played the entire game, nor have I read the entire forums, and I haven't played it in a while as I want to wait between playthroughs- preferably till the next update. So it's highly likely I'm missing something or this has been said. But this theory has been bugging me the last few days, so I want to talk about it.

So, first assumption in order for this to be true, which I think most will agree with- the song "The Winter Sky" is only half a love song. If you've played until the end of the game, you know its description of a dark red snowing(winter) sky and skin turning to dust, etc, is very evident of the end of a cycle.

Now, I knew this, but there was an issue- there are at least two ends to the cycle in this song. How did the woman live through one? Well, we know of only one situation where that happens- the ending of the game where you choose to sacrifice yourself.

Before I get to the history or prophecy part, let me describe what I think is *really* happening in that song-
A man goes of to war leaving behind his beloved (for example, hes a soldier in the army that comes to Enderal). There the machine activates, destroying the continent hes battling at, killing him and joining him with the old ones. Many years later, it goes off again, joining him with his beloved.

Now the problematic part-
How did whoever wrote this song come up with this? There are two possibilities, and neither are good-

A: This is history, as in, it's happened before. Which means if you choose to heroically sacrifice yourself, guess what? The old ones likely don't care- they've beaten that situation at least once before.
B: This is a prophecy. Now this is possibly worse, as it means two things- one, we haven't broken the cycle as its prophecised we're all going to die anyway. Two, the old ones knew this was all going to happen ahead of time- after all, if some random mortal song writer knew of this prophecy, then how on Enderal did the old ones not know? And if the old ones knew, well, they've planned around it- possibly even purposefully orchestrated it.

Either way, assuming my idea about the song is correct, it is implying we didn't actually change as much as we thought if we choose to sacrifice ourselves.

There is one small hope however- if my assumption is correct, then at least half the song is more literal then it seems (such as the woman's skin *actually* turning to dust in a second). If the *entire* song is literal, then that means... at least parts of people joined with the old ones maintain independant sentience- no old one we've seen would care about helping a woman achieve love at the end of her life. So in a way, there is a bit of hope with this song interpretation.

Now there is, of course, the other option- you choose the other ending. I have a few issues with that option, but I suppose I'll get to that some other time. I just really wanted to get this idea out XD.
1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1