[Spoiler] different ending?

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I just finished Enderal and I enjoyed it immensely...except for the ending. Nothing wrong with the ending I guess, I just didn't feel satisfied. Or like I had accomplished much in the end.

Personally, I didn't like
[+] spoiler
finding out that I wasn't really alive. And I was disappointed that everything I did and "died" (again) for was for naught because Ark was destroyed and someone else was already building another Beacon.
But that's just me, I guess.

Anyway, I wondered if there were different...perhaps more positive...endings and where the the critical turning points / decision choices come?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 617 Mal

there is (right now*) one other ending;
[+] +
you make your decision as soon as you and your companion are back from the Black Guardian's cave;
you either tell them to flee alone (and you destroy the Beacon),
or you both flee together to the Star City as the Black Guardian suggested

maybe I'll just link the wiki, cause I suck at explaining :dead:

*there will be a third, hidden ending in the addon :)
tazz001
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

neither of the endings are exactly "good" or "happy" ones
I do not think the ending upon cloud city is bad with the Adam & Eve concept :)

I do like how dark Enderal the story is.
Jean
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I really enjoyed playing Enderal but I Hated the endings. It really kills the re-playability for me. I somewhat rushed thru the game just so I could get to the end so I could finally know what was happening but when I got there I was very dissapointed. I wish there was a somewhat more positive ending. I don't necessarily need the main character and companion to be skipping thru the roses with rainbows and puppies, but something less depressing would be appreciated.

I missed a lot of exploration and I would like to play again just to be able to see more of the world but if I ever do re-play I'll only be able to play up until "The Point of no Return". After that it becomes to depressing.

But overall it was a great game and I will look forward to any future projects you may release.

(edit - After thinking about it I think I'll go back to 'the point of no return' and click 'no'. I can then continue to explore Enderal more while waiting for the Steam version with 'Forgotten Stories' to be released).
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

It's getting to be like that old game, what was it? Duke Nukem? Everyone loved it. And the writers kept promising more. But although some new versions did appear (one was a side scroller, IIRC), years went by and eventually everyone lost interest. And the technology advanced so quickly that before a new version could be issued it was already obsolete and maybe even unplayable.

I just wish Forgotten Stories weren't coming out on Steam (if it ever comes out) I suspect a lot of people, esp. avid gamers, have 'issues' with Steam.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Ok.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1