Starling lock puzzle. 

Moderator: Moderatoren

34 Beiträge Seite 3 von 4
LizziAS
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

dewey hat geschrieben:
I'm sorry but i'm going to have to say: GIT GUD.
Seriously, the 5 sticks are very easy if you use your brain a bit (i know modern AAA titles have conditioned us all to stop doing that while gaming). The first few times you'll probably start from the bottom and try running really fast but you'll notice that you're not fast enough using this tactic. Than you can notice that going up makes you use the stairs, which take too much time. So you start from the top now and instead of using the stairs you can drop down. Tadaa, you're fast enough now.

The difficulty level of enemies is more tricky to comment on. I'm currently playing as a 100% glass cannon mage and i don't have any problem defeating enemies. I'd say: remember that using a skill doesn't level it up as it would in regular skyrim. If you min/maxed in skyrim, you couldn't ever use magic as a 100% warrior because you'd effectively be 'underpowering' your melee skills relative to your level. Thankfully, the Enderal mod let's you be a bit more versatile without sacrificing any progression. You find yourself too squishy the first few levels? Try using the bow and magic a bit more so you can kite enemies in the beginning and finish them off in close combat. Later on you got a bit more health from levels and beter equipment/skills to go for the build you want to use. Do you want to be a dual wielding fighter but it makes you too fragile in close combat? Try using sword and shield the first few levels and have your character 'learn' how to use two swords at a time without dying throughout the leveling process. I'm a 100% mage but being low level I often didn't have enough magicka to kill off 2 or 3 bandits at a time. On top of that, 3 swings of an axe are enough to kill me. So what do i do? I also carry a bow so that I can still pick off enemies from afar even when my magicka is depleted. The game doesn't have to be an absolute cakewalk like Skyrim was, where you were essentially a god from level 1.
If you don't like this sort of gradual progression or you can't think of better tactics to handle yourself... you can still lower the difficulty ;)

Seriously, you think i didn't think of all of that? What a waste of energy it is listening to your condescending tripe. Going forward, feel free to not post on threads i start.
stever717
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I tried this for a long time. What I discovered was you can be a fair bit away from the lock and still put the peg in it. you don't need to get right on top of it. Also if you turn on TCL you can do the 3 on top ,from left to right then go down through the floor and finish off with the 2 that are together.
EMS60
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 109 Mal

LizziAS hat geschrieben:
My solution was tcl. But now that i killed the flame atronach from the other side of the locked gate, the dialogue moved on but the arrows are still there for door to be opened.
They vanish as soon as the progress in the the quest goes on. I believe it was when you meet Jespar in the tavern.

EDIT: They already vanish when Jespar teleports himself away and you leave the house.
aturqoise
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Is there a way to increase the time limit for placing the sticks? I've already tried lowering the difficulty level. I'm just not fast enough even with sprinting. I like this mod and am enjoying it, except for this one puzzle. I am not coordinated enough to finish it in the time allotted. I would rather not use tcl to go through the gate.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

aturqoise hat geschrieben:
Is there a way to increase the time limit for placing the sticks? I've already tried lowering the difficulty level. I'm just not fast enough even with sprinting. I like this mod and am enjoying it, except for this one puzzle. I am not coordinated enough to finish it in the time allotted. I would rather not use tcl to go through the gate.
Check out this post: http://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=10165
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 52 Mal

aturqoise hat geschrieben:
The team says "Do not use mods" :wink:
but you could try this small mod if you are not able to complete the quest: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78041/?
and you can delete it after you solved the quest.
KobaksonMods
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

-------SOLUTION-------
Hey guys, I actually have really good way to get past this seemingly impossible obstacle. You can actually slow down time in your game without using anything like a Slow Time Shout (which reportedly didn't work.)

I discovered this cool feature activated with the PrintScreen key, but in order for it to work, you have to disable screenshots.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Open Enderal Launcher, go to settings, others, and un-tick Screenshots, then save.
2. Launch Enderal and load your savegame.
3. Press Ctrl+PrintScreen
This would normally take a screenshot, but since you have it disabled, it slows down time instead. You can then proceed to put in the pegs with no panic. But you still have to try, because there's still a time-limit. As has been said, the best path is to get the far hole first, then the two on the same level, then drop down for the last two.
Garryfre
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I found this star peoples lock impossible to do. Some of us are not teens with twitch reflexes and steady hand. I did some experimentation and found that setstage mq02 80 which sets the lock step as completed. Then just clip through the gate and complete. As with all such advice, save your game before trying this in case an update changes something.

I hope this isn't breaking the rules. I just want to save others the suffering and sickening humiliation I felt he I hit something I am incapable of doing. I did manage to get all sticks in once but then he said it was too late.

''Tis not the first time a speed puzzle has left me shaking and sick to my stomach with frustration?
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Good news for everyone having trouble: In the next patch, the Starling puzzle difficulty will scale down with the difficulty. :)
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Good news for everyone having trouble: In the next patch, the Starling puzzle difficulty will scale down with the difficulty. :)
Well, I just updated yesterday--13-12-2016.

I still can't make it in time despite having stored all my weapons in a sack and stripped to my small clothes.

Don't really like the idea of "cheating" but I guess I'll try the ctrl+printscreen solution. I don't like messing with the console, if I can help it--did that in Skyrim and failed a quest.

I too got all five sticks in the holes (several times) before Jesper said anything, but then just a split second later he says" Damn, too slow..."

It is frustrating.
34 Beiträge Seite 3 von 4