Angel Quest - Password GUI Not Showing

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
NitroCookie
Bettler
Bettler

I am on the Angel Quest in Enderal, but I am a bit stuck. I am in the castle main hall and have both passwords, but when I try to interact with the glyphs, the screen locks up, like I initiated dialogue, but nothing shows up but my cursor. I can't seem to get around this. All help would be appreciated. Thanks!
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

This issue occurs mostly when you have incompatible mods installed. So check if any of your mods might cause it.
If you can't find a solution, you should upload a save game, so that we can have a look at it. Save games are usually stored in C:\user\documents\my games\skyrim\saves. Package the .ess and .skse file as .zip or .rar and upload it here in the forum.
NitroCookie
Bettler
Bettler

01.10.2017 19:26stuemper hat geschrieben:
This issue occurs mostly when you have incompatible mods installed. So check if any of your mods might cause it.
If you can't find a solution, you should upload a save game, so that we can have a look at it. Save games are usually stored in C:\user\documents\my games\skyrim\saves. Package the .ess and .skse file as .zip or .rar and upload it here in the forum.
Here is the save game.
Dateianhänge
Saves.zip
(1.46 MiB) 106-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

The save works fine with me. (German version)
Use "E" to select the buttons on the left and right.
In the menu that appears, you must enter the solution words and confirm with "Enter".
You must not confuse the pages and please do not enter any typing errors.
You can read the words in your quest diary.
Otherwise it must be tested with the English version.

Sorry for my english, its Google^^
NitroCookie
Bettler
Bettler

Hmm, I just can't seem to get it working. Any chance that you could give me my save game back after the passwords were entered?
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

I have unfortunately no passgable savegame.
Can you load a slightly earlier savegame and try again?

Mods you did not install.
Have you used cheats?
NitroCookie
Bettler
Bettler

Is there any way to force my way through the door? I’ve tried to go back to an earlier save game before I entered the main hall but failed. I believe I have all the required mods. I did cheat a little because I wanted to play as an assassin, rather than a mage. I am willing to restart, but only as a last resort.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

as the others said, the save itself seems to work fine.
odd :/

you had no other problems yet?

I entered the passwords (save 103) and walked throug the door (autosave and 104).
no guarantee that you don't run into problems later on :(
(or that it even works, my game is in german. shouldn't make a difference though)

good luck :)
Dateianhänge
Saves.zip
(4.35 MiB) 84-mal heruntergeladen
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

I have the suspicion, that an update might not be properly installed. Hard to tell what exactly went wrong, since I can't reproduce the issue either :/
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

01.10.2017 17:40NitroCookie hat geschrieben:
I am on the Angel Quest in Enderal, but I am a bit stuck. I am in the castle main hall and have both passwords, but when I try to interact with the glyphs, the screen locks up, like I initiated dialogue, but nothing shows up but my cursor. I can't seem to get around this. All help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Can you unlock the screen by pressing Esc?

If so, one of two things happened:
1. The script initiating the input menu is missing or corrupted. In that case download the 2 files I'll link to beneath and put the uilib_1.psc into your Scripts/Source folder (in your Data folder of the Skyrim installation) and the uilib_1.pex into your Scripts folder and load your last save to try again, then it should work.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ol1b1fwzoexn ... 1.psc?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyq85fzs5iq8i ... 1.pex?dl=0
If still doesn't, either case 2 is true or some other script is missing, but that would be like searching for a needle in a stack of hay - would be faster to reinstall Enderal completely.

2. The script or the papyrus engine looped the scripts for whatever reason - that means that script endlessly tries to restart but it never reaches an end. In that case I cannot help you as a looping script is firmly written into your savegame and usually cannot be removed, though sometimes a savegame cleaner can help with that.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2