I'm new to this mod. What's the best way to level up? + other questions.

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
ClonesDream
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi all,

I've been playing this mod for about 2 days now, and I've been really enjoying it so far. It's really refreshing to see such a massive and well made mod for Skyrim, and even more refreshing to see a change of climate and a whole new map with new quests.

However, I do have a problem with levelling up. It's going really slow for me. I'm only level 5 but I get my butt kicked by bandits and monsters, and I have to either heal myself using self healing magic, which makes my fever worse, or drink some potions, which do the same. The food I eat during battle doesn't work, and it sometimes doesn't even work outside of the battle. I need to be exploring around not currently battlign anyone in order to recieve the regenerative boost from the food, which is obviously useless when I'm about to die in a battle.

So I guess my question kind of steers towards "How do I get more health?", or even how do I get items to heal myself during battle? But, how do I level up faster is a question I wonder about too.

I don't want to rush the main story of this mod, and I only got so far as to do all the things needed to go back to Jasper and tell him about Yuro, or whatever his name was. But right now, I'm doing bounties and side quests from Riverville.
On the topic of Riverville, where can I go to get more quests? I've done one for the old woman and recieved the skull that I'm supposed to put on my head and balance it (???) and I've been doing the bounties from the board, but where else can I go to recieve more side quests? Oh, and where is the shrine that the little kid was talking about near the Marek farm?

Bonus question: Are there companions in this mod? If so, are there any in Riverville?
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hello!
I really hope that you will find the answers to the questions about the quests in the Enderal Wiki:
https://en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal

And about companions, yes, there are. But I'm not going to spoil it for you. Maybe they're not exactly what you mean by "a companion". But they're romanceable.

The easiest way to have your fights easier is by switching to easy mode :D
But, about levelling up- explore the world around you, there's pretty a lot to do, generally.
I'm sorry I can't give you more advice, I'm replaying the game mysefl, and still didn't figure out all of the details.

However, you can try consulting other Enderal players by joining the official Discord channel:
https://discord.com/invite/jkSXNgsHNt

See you around!
You can contact me there if you need any more help, I'm as Kassandra.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Basically, it does not matter how you skill. Enderal is solvable with every character.
Play as you have fun :wink:
Mages, for example, are somewhat weak in the beginning, as usually in RPG's. Later almost invincible.
For example, I once played rogue (sneak, bow, one hand), then magician with one hand in combination.
Both of course with light armor. Warrior with heavy armor also works naturally!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

29.06.2017 16:33ClonesDream hat geschrieben:
..However, I do have a problem with levelling up. It's going really slow for me. I'm only level 5 but I get my butt kicked by bandits and monsters, and I have to either heal myself using self healing magic, which makes my fever worse, or drink some potions, which do the same. The food I eat during battle doesn't work, and it sometimes doesn't even work outside of the battle. I need to be exploring around not currently battlign anyone in order to recieve the regenerative boost from the food, which is obviously useless when I'm about to die in a battle.

So I guess my question kind of steers towards "How do I get more health?", or even how do I get items to heal myself during battle? But, how do I level up faster is a question I wonder about too.
just take it slow and keep exploring :) -
the enemies don't level with you, so you can "work your way" towards higher leveled ones.
(and their areas).

prepared food heals over time (bread, cheese and such stuff) - but yes, only out of battle.
raw food, like tomatoes or apples, doesn't.

also, use your talents while fighing!
while you can savely ignore the Shouts in Skyrim, you will absolutely need the talents in Enderal.

and yeah, turn down the difficulty if need be :)
Bonus question: Are there companions in this mod? If so, are there any in Riverville?
it depend on what you're looking for.
yes, there are companions, but there are no mercenaries similar to the ones in Skyrim.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

There is another bounty board in Ark with more "wanted" quests. Many side quests are found by just talking to everyone, reading books sometimes, or just stumbling into them while exploring -- cautiously. Personally, everywhere outside of towns I travel in sneak mode. Pay attention to surroundings; for example, if you hear a wolf howl, you have been (or are about to be) spotted and attacked by wolves, usually 3, so prepare yourself. If you hear heavy grunting, you are about to encounter a bear. Campfires almost always indicate bandits and towers almost always have hostile wild mages.

Basically besides completing quests you must kill enemies to gain exp to level-up, so clean out any ruins, caves, mines, etc. in the Riverville area; and shipwrecks too often have good loot. In Riverville, go talk to the mayor in his house. The "skull on the head" requires
[+] spoiler
go to the bone shrine approximately halfway between Riverville and the 3 rivers watch lighthouse near where you met Jespar
. There was also a quest starting near the lighthouse - a woman on the ground sleeping. Regarding other quests, as was said above the wiki can help you.

You are correct that food only works outside of combat, so in combat you have to rely on health potions & heal spells.

One bit of advice is to get a "summon" spell to summon a wolf, bear, etc., and use it often; that will help in battles.
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

In my first playthrough, I too had difficulties with health, even at the easier levels. However, my second playthrough, playing most of the game on the hardest level, I had almost no problems. The solution was, as someone mentioned, to take your time but much more importantly, take advantage of EVERY bed, cot, sleeping bag, etc. and know where they are so you can go to the nearest one to heal. Rinse. Repeat.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1