A Song In The Silence - Getting Rynéus's Trust (SPOILERS!)

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Andrathion
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

BEWARE: SPOILERS BELOW!!

I've just finished this quest. I could not for the life of me get an outcome where Rynéus trusted me enough. I played the game with the sphere and bow (granting him his first wish), and then got him not 7, but 15 moths (the second wish). That just didn't do it.

What am I doing wrong? I can think of one possibility - which is that I needed to play the sphere/bow game not once, but a number of times. If that's the case, though, it hardly makes much sense.

I'm at a bit of a loss here, so any help would be welcome!
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hey,

Actually, the sphere game doesn't affect the trust value of Rynéus that much. What ending did you get? Did he say that "you've been unfair to him all along the way" when you ask him to trust you?
Andrathion
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'm not sure what he told me exactly. Certainly he started to say things like I was "mean"; he might well also have said I'd been unfair all along. Altogether, it was a rather unfriendly rant that made very little sense.

In any case, though, I actually returned to a hard save I had made quite some time before, just to see if I could change things. I started the quest again, did exactly what I had done before (again, 15 moths - arghh!), but made sure to spend some more time on the sphere/bow game. That helped - in the end, Rynéus trusted me. If nothing else, it made me feel a little better, even if, afterwards, I had to return to the "bad ending" version to avoid having to play through all the black stone quests (and a few others) again from beginning to end.

So I suppose Rynéus's first game did make the difference. I'm still not entirely sure why, though. It could be that I played it a little longer than the first time round. It could also be that this time, I made sure to hit the sphere (I believe) three times in a row. In any case, I clearly failed that game the first time without ever realizing it.

Thanks for your reply, by the way!
Corwyn77
Schurke
Schurke

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Hey,

Actually, the sphere game doesn't affect the trust value of Rynéus that much. What ending did you get? Did he say that "you've been unfair to him all along the way" when you ask him to trust you?
That's the answer I got and that I've been mean to him. Admittedly, I may have given one of the mean answers to him by mistake but the rest were positive. What is the good ending, anyway?

I don't think I want to go to my last save again. Mostly I don't want to trek through the big cat-laden jungle again.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on youtube; definitely not going back to redo it.
Andrathion
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Corwyn77 hat geschrieben:

What is the good ending, anyway?
For those who might want to know:
[+]
In the "good" ending, you convince Rynéus to leave his dreamworld. You still have to fight the black stone's avatar, but when you emerge into the real world, you'll find Rynéus alive. Unfortunately, though, that doesn't last long; he dies soon afterwards, which basically puts you in exactly the same position as after the "bad" ending. The difference is mainly that the "good" ending is, to my mind, quite a bit more poignant.
Deleted User 23162

Giving him a proper burial after death is an extra tidbit you can do for him, too. :thumbsup:
Andrathion
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Darctalus hat geschrieben:
Giving him a proper burial after death is an extra tidbit you can do for him, too. :thumbsup:
Actually, you can do the burial either way. At least I could (there may be a third ending, without the burial, but I wouldn't know).
Deleted User 23162

You can choose that option out of decency. It puts flavour to your character if you play a good demeanor. If you don't bury him then he will just rot in his bed. So heartless. Don't be mean. :P
Andrathion
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Darctalus hat geschrieben:
It puts flavour to your character if you play a good demeanor.
I agree. But again, that option is, thankfully, available both ways.
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1