scroll? spell tome? weapons

Moderator: Moderatoren

18 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I think I asked a variation of this question once before but didn't get an answer.

How do weapons...bows, swords, etc., that are invoked by a scroll or a spell tome, work? Are they in addition to a regular weapon...perhaps manifesting in mid air...or are they in place of a regular weapon? And if they are in place of a regular weapon, why should I use them, esp. since I haven't seen any indication of their damage or effects?

Is it just a matter of weight? Or do they bring something more to the fight than a regular weapon brings? And, if so, can you improve them? Or does a higher skill level in magic make them more powerful? And if so, is it enchantment that needs to be increase to make them more powerful?

I've never understood how these work--used to sell them soon as I got them in SkyRim.
Toft
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

If you have used "Bound Weapons" at all in Skyrim, they are, well, identical.

They are white, transparent and glowy. They take a while to invoke into the hand you cast the spell with (so you could dual wield, i think), and disappear after far too short a time.

They do do a lot of damage (don't know how much, but better than improved steel). In Skyrim, Bound Weapons are Daedric (the best-ish), so the equivalent here might be Rune or Shadow Steel; or (come to look it up), better.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Toft hat geschrieben:
If you have used "Bound Weapons" at all in Skyrim, they are, well, identical.

They are white, transparent and glowy. They take a while to invoke into the hand you cast the spell with (so you could dual wield, i think), and disappear after far too short a time.

They do do a lot of damage (don't know how much, but better than improved steel). In Skyrim, Bound Weapons are Daedric (the best-ish), so the equivalent here might be Rune or Shadow Steel; or (come to look it up), better.
Thank you for taking the time to answer...

Well, I never did use bound weapons in Skyrim. Didn't use any magic if I could help it.

The other day, I sat in my house and just fooled around with a bound sword. I understand much better now.

But i still don't understand if there's a way to enhance them through a higher level of enchantment or if there are other spell tomes that relate to even stronger bound weapons.

As for looking it up...where?

That's one thing I have to say about Skyrim there was about six forums i used to frequent and I never went wanting for an answer. And the wikis were/are fabulous. Almost every bit of lore was online, in several places.

I give major props to the creators of Enderal...the game is way better than Skyrim (and better than Witcher 3 IMO, as well) . But the wiki leaves a lot to be desired and there are no forums to speak of, save this one...and it often leaves me wondering if anyone beside you and me and about two other people are reading it.

On the other hand, maybe my questions are just too clueless for most to bother.

so again, thanks.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

As for looking it up...where?
maybe my questions are just too clueless for most to bother.
It's not that your questions are clueless, but that you can find the answers with a little effort. The answers to some of your questions are in the Wiki if you search a bit. It only took me about 30 seconds to find this:

In the Wiki it states under the Sinistrope branch
Mystical Binding
Bound weapons do 40 percent more damage.
..and it often leaves me wondering if anyone beside you and me and about two other people are reading it.
maybe because
Have thanks: 0 time
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

badgesareus hat geschrieben:

maybe because
Have thanks: 0 time
First, I wasn't being particularly critical...just stating what I see are the objective facts. Personally, I don't think it is healthy to live in an echo chamber...where everyone reflects your views back at you.

Second, you are one of the people who has been generous with your time...and me...and I have, and do appreciate it. I have, also made it a point to thank you and, as far as I've been able, everyone who has responded to me. For example, I thanked the poster above....twice in one post.

I think it is an unfair characterization to suggest that I am not grateful for the help and generosity of those who have reached out. And frankly I am bothered by it.

True, I thank people personally (it takes far more time and effort to type out "Thank you" than it does to click on an icon), not with that little "like" button. But if "thanks" don't count as thanks with people here perhaps it is a good indication why there is so little traffic on this, the only Enderal forum on the net--there isn't a button to automatically post a rote answer.

You could make such a button, however--it would say "search the wiki."
Zuletzt geändert von MacSuibhne am 09.01.2017 22:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

In the Wiki it states under the Sinistrope branch
Mystical Binding
Bound weapons do 40 percent more damage.
Thank you for that...but the next question is, "40 percent more damage" relative to what?! What's the base damage? Is it an iron sword, a silver sword, or a stick?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

That's one thing I have to say about Skyrim there was about six forums
Yes, Skyrim is a game that has generated probably in excess of $100 mil. in revenues, so of course it sponsors a large forum. I suspect most of the other fora you have used are sponsored by full-time businesses that make their living off of games, one way or another. Also Skyrim has been around for more than 5 years.

On the other hand, Enderal is "only" a mod that has been around for half a year. Of course, this mod was created by Germans (mostly) in German, so perhaps you can find answers to your questions on the German forum. It's been active for longer than the English forum, so I would assume it has more information. Also keep in mind that when you see information and replies on the English forum from SureAI members, you are only seeing part of their work load, as they are also spending much of their time providing information and replies on the German forum.

You have asked a great many questions on the forum. How many of your posts have been answers to other people's questions? The Enderal Wiki & forum rely on input from players who are generous enough with their time to provide input, so it takes quite a bit of time to grow, and they have only had 6 months to grow, as opposed to the 5+ years Skyrim fora have been receiving input.

It seems to me you expect a relatively new free mod should have the same resources as a long-standing for-profit full game from a giant in the industry. Perhaps your expectations are a bit on the high side.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

[+]
That's one thing I have to say about Skyrim there was about six forums
Yes, Skyrim is a game that has generated probably in excess of $100 mil. in revenues, so of course it sponsors a large forum. I suspect most of the other fora you have used are sponsored by full-time businesses that make their living off of games, one way or another. Also Skyrim has been around for more than 5 years.

On the other hand, Enderal is "only" a mod that has been around for half a year. Of course, this mod was created by Germans (mostly) in German, so perhaps you can find answers to your questions on the German forum. It's been active for longer than the English forum, so I would assume it has more information. Also keep in mind that when you see information and replies on the English forum from SureAI members, you are only seeing part of their work load, as they are also spending much of their time providing information and replies on the German forum.

You have asked a great many questions on the forum. How many of your posts have been answers to other people's questions? The Enderal Wiki & forum rely on input from players who are generous enough with their time to provide input, so it takes quite a bit of time to grow, and they have only had 6 months to grow, as opposed to the 5+ years Skyrim fora have been receiving input.

It seems to me you expect a relatively new free mod should have the same resources as a long-standing for-profit full game from a giant in the industry. Perhaps your expectations are a bit on the high side.
Fair enough. And fairly said. But I have been admin and moderator on a forum for about 15 years and one thing I know is that without people who ask questions there is no reason for other people to answer them. And without that back and forth there will be no discussion and hence no forum.

The "Search the Wiki" answer is just another way of saying "it's too much bother to talk to people who don't know as much as I do." And that attitude comes across.

I started playing Skyrim five years ago...not yesterday. And when I got into it there was already three forums that I could tap into--one on Steam, one on Bethesda and at least one other devoted...not part of a game site...to Skyrim and TES. And they were active, never a day went by that there weren't new replies...to new questions.

And it wasn't that the questions or the questioners were so much better or more active, it was that the moderators and the members were willing--they loved the game and wanted to share their passion. In a very real sense the moderators are responsible for the tone of the forum and if "search the wiki" is the go-to answer that every question is weighed against, what's the point of having a forum? Forums are platforms for discussion. If discussion is discouraged either through dismissal or through abrupt-ness there never will be an active forum.

I can search the wiki...I often do. And maybe that will make some folks happy because then there's no further need for discussion, or answers...or bother. Of course, I'm still left wondering "relative to what?" from my last post, but at least I won't be bothering people with questions.

I love Enderal. I just got done playing most of Witcher 3. But I love coming back to the TES universe.

I would be more active here if:

One: I knew as much as you do. But I don't...never have in all my life...offer advice unless I know for sure what I'm talking about.
Two: Enough other people wanted to have a discussion. Come to think about it, that's a good part of what I have been doing. Almost every question I ask is accompanied by an invitation to discussion. I try to explain what I'm seeing.

And contrary to your chastisement for not answering questions, I would suggest that asking questions and inviting discussion, in and of itself, is an answer of sorts...esp. for others maybe having the same kinds of issues.
Zuletzt geändert von MacSuibhne am 10.01.2017 04:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Hey guys,
please be nice to each other.
The english forum is pretty much empty and has only a few contributors. The same goes for the wiki, it's pretty lackluster, but the team can't fill it. We have so much to do at the moment and too less time. And it's difficult to find active people who want to invest a big chunk of their freetime for "nothing", just filling up the wiki e.g.
Furthermore I'm mostly the only one who is moderating the english and german forum. It's just so time-consuming to read every post and to make sure it's ok and in the right place etc. I just can't answer them all, and so I'll concentrate on answering the support requests. And we get support requests on Nexus, moddb, in our forums, at our bug tracker, via email etc. and we create new content which also needs to be tested over and over again (and in the end it still has bugs :D ).
It's not that we don't want communication or discussion (rather the opposite!). But it's a heck of workload for us to do in our freetime (for no money) besides jobs and university. And I'm currently writing in english which is also more time-consuming than writing in german (mothertongue).

tl;dr
We have to rely on members helping each other. :)

I'm not trying to sound some kind of whiny or something similar. It's just the way it is atm.

I can only speak for myself, not for the whole team: If I have less stress in the future I want to contribute to the wiki and fill it with more information, but that won't happen anytime soon.
And I will most likely start with the german wiki, you know ... mothertongue ... , and it will be translated later on - by me or someone who wants to help.

Sooo, enough OT ^^ back to the topic:
The bound weapons work very similar to their counterparts in Skyrim.
However, in Enderal they will be summoned by scrolls or via spell which you have to learn from a book. There are 5 spell ranks for each bound weapon. The higher the rank the more damage they will do. The damage can be buffed by certain perks. The bound weapons will be "unsommoned" (is that a word?) if you unequip them - you have to cast the spell again to get them back.

You'll find these spellbooks if you explore the world, also some merchants will sell them, if you have reached a certain level (there will be changes in the DLC, though).
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

[+]
Tilliboy hat geschrieben:
Hey guys,
please be nice to each other.
The english forum is pretty much empty and has only a few contributors. The same goes for the wiki, it's pretty lackluster, but the team can't fill it. We have so much to do at the moment and too less time. And it's difficult to find active people who want to invest a big chunk of their freetime for "nothing", just filling up the wiki e.g.
Furthermore I'm mostly the only one who is moderating the english and german forum. It's just so time-consuming to read every post and to make sure it's ok and in the right place etc. I just can't answer them all, and so I'll concentrate on answering the support requests. And we get support requests on Nexus, moddb, in our forums, at our bug tracker, via email etc. and we create new content which also needs to be tested over and over again (and in the end it still has bugs :D ).
It's not that we don't want communication or discussion (rather the opposite!). But it's a heck of workload for us to do in our freetime (for no money) besides jobs and university. And I'm currently writing in english which is also more time-consuming than writing in german (mothertongue).

tl;dr
We have to rely on members helping each other. :)

I'm not trying to sound some kind of whiny or something similar. It's just the way it is atm.

I can only speak for myself, not for the whole team: If I have less stress in the future I want to contribute to the wiki and fill it with more information, but that won't happen anytime soon.
And I will most likely start with the german wiki, you know ... mothertongue ... , and it will be translated later on - by me or someone who wants to help.

Sooo, enough OT ^^ back to the topic:
The bound weapens work very similar to their counterparts in Skyrim.
However, in Enderal they will be summoned by scrolls or via spell which you have to learn from a book. There are 5 spell ranks for each bound weapon. The higher the rank the more damage they will do. The damage can be buffed by certain perks. The bound weapons will be "unsommoned" (is that a word?) if you unequip them - you have to cast the spell again to get them back.

You'll find these spellbooks if you explore the world, also some merchants will sell them, if you have reached a certain level (there will be changes in the DLC, though).
Tilliboy,

Thank you for taking the time. i was not being critical of any one person. I admire the work you guys--the SureAI team--have done. You have brought a certain amount of pleasure into my life. Witchter 3 was good...or at least OK...but not as immersive as Skyrim, IMO. I wanted a game I could really immerse myself in and didn't see anything comparable on the market. Then suddenly there was Enderal. And even though it is called a mod, it's almost a whole 'nuther game...better than the original from what I've seen so far. Thank you and all your team.

I hope this forum catches fire and becomes very active. Most of the people who have taken the time to answer my questions have been very generous...my only complaint is that there is...as you said...so few of them and I'm sure they get tired of answering all these questions by themselves.
18 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2