quests and locations

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Is there a "quest" associated with every location on the map? Probably not myrid towers etc., but caves, mines, castles, etc.?

I passed up a lot of places on my way to Ark. Or didn't explore them fully. Same with my current travels in the Undercity.

I know that there will be an opportunity to go back and just freely explore before the end of the Main quest but there's no way of knowing if an incompletely explored place has been cleared or even if it exists if you haven't discovered it.

I am in the Undercity with two minor quests in hand but so many different tunnels and branches....I didn't go into the crypts, for instance.

If I complete these two quests and head back to Ark, will I have reason to come back?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Is there a "quest" associated with every location on the map?
No.
If I complete these two quests and head back to Ark, will I have reason to come back?
Probably several times.
there's no way of knowing if an incompletely explored place has been cleared or even if it exists if you haven't discovered it.
True.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Is there a "quest" associated with every location on the map?
No.
Thanks for taking the time.

Follow-up: If I explore a location that has a quest associated with it before I discover or get the quest, what are the chances i will "break" the quest by taking something or killing a bad guy before the quest is initiated?

[PS...you've been very helpful--you're almost always the one who responds to my questions--I'm still not sure why my skill 20 steel shield blueprint is not available to me with a skill level of 27 (doesn't show anywhere but in my Inventory)...and now I just got a blueprint for a steel helmet.]
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

I don't think you can break a quest by exploring and killing the enemies you find. There are many dungeons that have named bosses that are just there for the experience & loot and have nothing to do with quests. If a quest should bring you back to a dungeon you've already explored, the item or person that is the quest object will just have been spawned after the quest is received. Of course, if you use console commands to go places that are locked or barriered, that can break a quest.

I just went to the game to try making a steel shield, and I had no problem doing so at an anvil. Maybe a recent patch has caused you a problem, or perhaps a mod, as I don't use any. Are you sure you have the blueprint with you in your inventory? sometimes I have thought I had a particular blueprint with me and then discovered I had left it in the safe chest.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I don't think you can break a quest by exploring and killing the enemies you find. There are many dungeons that have named bosses that are just there for the experience & loot and have nothing to do with quests. If a quest should bring you back to a dungeon you've already explored, the item or person that is the quest object will just have been spawned after the quest is received. Of course, if you use console commands to go places that are locked or barriered, that can break a quest.
Thanks. that's reassuring...I almost never use the console.
I just went to the game to try making a steel shield, and I had no problem doing so at an anvil. Maybe a recent patch has caused you a problem, or perhaps a mod, as I don't use any. Are you sure you have the blueprint with you in your inventory? sometimes I have thought I had a particular blueprint with me and then discovered I had left it in the safe chest.
No I have it. In inventory.

Is there something special you have to do to use it? Some prerequisite other than handicraft skill and raw materials? Do I have to "eat"/use/equip it before I can access it from the anvil?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

If you have the blueprint in the inventory and your crafting skill is at or higher than the required level (i.e. 20 in this case) when you click on the anvil it should show you what materials you need to craft it, greyed out if you don't have them all, or in white if you have them. No eating or equipping needed.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

If you have the blueprint in the inventory and your crafting skill is at or higher than the required level (i.e. 20 in this case) when you click on the anvil it should show you what materials you need to craft it, greyed out if you don't have them all, or in white if you have them. No eating or equipping needed.
Alright. Thank you.

Next time I come up on an anvil I'll try again and let you know what happened.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Yeah, got this one figured, now. It was a combination of wrong station and no silver ingot.

thank you.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1