using blueprints

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

In my hero menu it says my handicraft skills are at 27. I have a blueprint for a steel shield which, if I'm reading it right, says it needs a skill level of 20.

I have not crafted more than one or two item, simply because although I have a number of blueprints , most are for for items I don't really need...so I haven't even tried.

I'd like to add a steel shield to my inventory, but I cannot seem to use the blueprint to craft the shield. It doesn't even show up as a grayed out option when I come to the crafting table.

What am I doing wrong...what am I not understanding?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

The crafting table is for upgrading. Crafting is done on the anvil (or for leather items on a tanning station).
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
The crafting table is for upgrading. Crafting is done on the anvil (or for leather items on a tanning station).
OK I understand...but I'm sure I have tried this on the anvil as well. There's been a number of places that I've been to quite recently that have smelter, anvil, sharpening wheel and table. I always try all of them.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Still hoping for an answer as to why (or how I) I cannot craft a skill level 20 steel shield with a handicrafts skill of 27.

??
Toft
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

MacSuibhne hat geschrieben:
Still hoping for an answer as to why (or how I) I cannot craft a skill level 20 steel shield with a handicrafts skill of 27.
15/5000
Latha math dhuibh, MacSuibhne (Hope i got that right)

I just gave it a try... If you have no blueprint in your inventory, then the option is not there at the anvil.

If you do, then it should be there even if you have no components (but i remember once that something was not listed under "All", but only appeared when you switched to the "Armour" tab. (Not for this thing, but for something else - Steel Cuirass, i think)).

Then if you have Leather(1), Spare Parts(5), Steel Ingot(1) and Silver Ingots(2) you (that is to say I) can craft it - it takes another steel ingot at the workbench (i think) to improve it.

I don't think there is an equivalent of the "Steel/Advanced Smithing" perk to allow you to Make Steel Stuff, but i could be wrong.

My Enderal (and Skyrim) is as up-to-date as i can make it (v1.1.6.5|A54 - Skyrim Classic)

Hwyl,

Simon
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Toft hat geschrieben:
Latha math dhuibh, MacSuibhne (Hope i got that right)
Well, I'm not a gaelic speaker much less a scholar but I think dhuibh is plural ...as in "you all." And you could have just used "do," I suspect. But no matter, I got the message, thank you.

Figured out the problem with the shield...it was a combination of not using the right equipment and not having the silver ingot.
Toft
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

MacSuibhne hat geschrieben:
... I think dhuibh is plural ...as in "you all."
I was being polite ;-|

(Cymro Cymraeg here)
johncasey
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I, too, had a real problem with the blueprints.

Their usage was not very clearly spelled out. I finally wound up Googling it and read stuff on several different forms, and from that put it together. And then, I still have some issues even though I have all the "ingredients."

I also have a problem with using scrolls. Opening chests is ok, but some others I cannot do.

So, I keep experimenting, eventually I'll get it.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1