places along the way

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I am kind of worried. I went to Ark with Jesper. Just got here. but along the way I saw ,map markers for caves and dungeons and ruins, etc..

I didn't really explore them. Mostly because I wanted to sell some stuff and lighten my load.

But I have read enough of this forum to know that I don't want to get to a point where I can't go back and check them out. If I understand correctly, there's even a mod for that.

At what point in the story is doing side quests and "rangering" no longer possible? Or a good idea? When are you so locked into the main quest that things get screwed up if you stray off the beaten path.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Don't worry, you reach the point of no return very, very late in the main quest, and you receive a pop-up warning that it is about to happen in case you have unfinished side quests or exploring to do before committing yourself to continue the main quest past that point.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Thanks. that's very reassuring.
johncasey
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I have two characters at level 40+, and one at level 30+, and haven't even talked to Jespar in Riverville yet. I've done most quests and dungeons, etc., west of Ark (top to bottom of the map).

But my method of playing would turn a lot of players off, as I usually go exploring with a lot of off-road roaming around (you'll be surprised where you find those magical signs you have to collect). I don't do horses or other fast transportation when I'm in the exploring mode. Once I've cleared an area, then I don't mind using fast transportation to go back and forth.

And, also, you can break a quest by using the console, so be careful using it. I used the console to open the door on a building with a quest attached to it (which I wasn't aware of), once inside the building I interacted with some things, and it took me nearly two hours (much later when I got the quest) to fix it.

When you walk along the beach, kill the crabs you see, they give experience points, and every little bit helps.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1