quests not showing on map

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Help! Please.

I just finished Yaro's cellar and decided to do some side quests in and around Riverville before meeting Jespar there.

But even though I can activate them in my Journal, both Art of Combat and Myths and Legends won't show on the map. When I click on "show on Map" while in the Journal, all I get is a "thump." When I tab out of Journal and open map, they aren't there either.

This seems to be new. I started and then aborted the quest to kill the murderer (two stars means hard, right?) in Wanted in Riverville and it does show on the map. So does The Void which takes me to Riverville to meet Jespar.

But without the maps I have no idea where to find the Ash Widow, for instance. I want to complete these side quests. Is there any way to get them to show on the map and on the HUD compass?

PS...mods, thanks for moving this.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

(**) is fairly easy most of the time; (****) is hard. The Art of Combat doesn't have a quest marker because
[+]
you complete the "quest" when you receive an affinity by having the necessary talents in 2 talent trees (but only certain combinations result in an affinity)
. Myths and Legends doesn't have quest markers. You either come across them by accident or read the books to discover where to look.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
(**) is fairly easy most of the time; (****) is hard. The Art of Combat doesn't have a quest marker because Myths and Legends doesn't have quest markers. You either come across them by accident or read the books to discover where to look.
Thank you. I was hoping it was something like that. I really didn't want to go back to an earlier save...with all the implications of a corrupted save (when did it happen, what caused it, etc.).

I suspected other quests might have more stars but...
[+]
there were so many bandits when I went to kill the murderer (Paylas Nai Yarim?) that I didn't have a chance--just figured it was above my paygrade. I don't have a clue as to how to tackle all of them.
any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am playing as a level 7 two handed warrior with some memory points allocated to on-handed and to archery. I think I have 21 points in TH, 20 or 21 in OH and about the same in archery. Is there a potential affinity there in any of that?

Also, what book is it for Myths and Legends? I might have it in my inventory...
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I have the book...and have read it...about the
[+]
legend of the Ash Widow but it doesn't say where she is or where I can find the claw (except from random merchants)

So...I guess just keep searching, eh?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I think I have 21 points in TH, 20 or 21 in OH and about the same in archery. Is there a potential affinity there in any of that?
The affinities are based on how far you've advanced your "memory" talent trees (such as vagabond, etc.), not on skills such as 1H, 2H, etc. (You can check the Wiki for more specific information). Re the Ash Widow,
[+]
steal the claw from the Ark museum.
If you're having trouble with bandits at level 7, the Ash Widow will likely overpower you very quickly .
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
The affinities are based on how far you've advanced your "memory" talent trees (such as vagabond, etc.), not on skills such as 1H, 2H, etc. (You can check the Wiki for more specific information).

I still don't get that exactly. I've looked at the wiki a number of times. I don't see an affinity for Blade Dance and Trickster, for instance. Seems like a natural warrior to me. Frankly...and I may be making things hard on myself...I don't care to add or even use, really, any kind of magic. Got through all of Skyrim with only one staff and never cast a spell...although I did utilize shouts. on mostly rare occasions.
Re the Ash Widow,
If you're having trouble with bandits at level 7, the Ash Widow will likely overpower you very quickly .
Well, it's simply their number. I'm dern near invincible one on one or even two on one but five? 10? I can pick them off with the bow from long distance I suppose but they have bows too.
johncasey
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Affinities only work when you're at least level 19, and have 10 points in one skill tree, then you must add 10 points in another tree for them to work.

I had a real problem with my bowazon not being able to open certain chests, but as soon as I invested the 10 points in the appropriate tree, that problem went away.

Go to the page that talks about the trees that you can use for each character (mage, warrior, etc), there should be something on the very bottom that talks about affinities.

Good luck.

BTW: If you Google: endaral + affinities it will take you right to the page, click on the first Google result where it says something like Jump to affinities.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Thank you for that.

I found something like that on "All things Enderal". Thing that puzzles me is that there is no Blade Dance/Trickster combination / affinity. I don't understand why not. As a warrior, my approach here and in Skyrim has always been to maximize weapons skills--swords and archery for when outnumbered or at a distance, blocking of course, and the ability to pick locks .

Blade dancer and Trickster seem made for each other but...??
johncasey
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

You can put another 10 points in another tree, but there's no guarantee that will work, plus it may screw up the other two to a point where none of them will be useful.

Maybe ask the question In the forum?
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1