Cliff Diver Grotto

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
WolfShart
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Greetings from Australia. First let me congratulate SureAi on a magnificent game. This surpasses Skyrim in many respects and the world is immersive and compelling...

I have a question about Cliff Diver Grotto. I find my way in to this place - and it turns out to be pretty big - and tough! and i basically cleared it out (had a fantastic time doing so) I also found a skeleton - a dead cliff diver... near a sewer entrance

My question is - was this place part of a quest? and does this mean that I have broken said quest?

i would hate for my enjoyment of exploration to end up ruining a bunch of great quests - because i also like story driven stuff

thanks

WolfShart
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

You didn't break a quest because areas where quests could be broken are either locked or blocked with invisible walls until you have the quest. Where is Cliff Diver Grotto, that doesn't ring a bell?
WolfShart
Bettler
Bettler

Ah that is excellent news!

I discovered it when wandering back from the Max Niceblood Quest - i found this massive scaffolding area with planks going across a river and i climbed it and bingo

i couldn't even find it on the interactive map

i will need to check my own map when i get home from work

and there was a tough floating ghost thing in there (similar to Skyrim's Dragon Priest) and HEAPS of loot - -
Xandariel
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 17 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Where is Cliff Diver Grotto, that doesn't ring a bell?
You take the Myrad to Wellwatch(in Goldenforst), then follow the path up north. After about 30secs youll reach a smelter and what seems like the entrance to a mine, possibly still guarded by 2 Goldenforst Matriarchs. Thats the entrance to it - well, one of them. The other one is further north and you can reach it by climbing some logs that were stacked so you could walk on them and follow them into a small cave entrance high up above the path I mentioned.
WolfShart
Bettler
Bettler

WolfShart hat geschrieben:
You take the Myrad to Wellwatch(in Goldenforst), then follow the path up north. After about 30secs youll reach a smelter and what seems like the entrance to a mine, possibly still guarded by 2 Goldenforst Matriarchs. Thats the entrance to it - well, one of them. The other one is further north and you can reach it by climbing some logs that were stacked so you could walk on them and follow them into a small cave entrance high up above the path I mentioned.
Yes indeed - I found it by traversing the planks across the river - and exited straight in to the waiting arms of a couple of matiarchs

it was a fun detour
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Thanks, guys. I visited it my first playthrough, but that was the German version and I don't read German, so I didn't connect the German and English names. The grotto isn't on the map, but it is just east of the Quarry at Wellwatch, which does show on the map. I didn't find a skeleton specifically named as a cliff diver, but I did find an unnamed skeleton holding a lamp next to a "backpack of an adventurer," I guess that is the one you meant. Great to visit this on my 2nd playthrough, as I finally found the chain lightning level V, wondered where it was.
Gaylord
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I found the adventurer and retrieved a Gate Key. It doesn't open the starling gate back to the main entrance and the exit in the cave where the adventurer is doesn't need a key? which gate is it for?
lavablade
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Gaylord hat geschrieben:
I found the adventurer and retrieved a Gate Key. It doesn't open the starling gate back to the main entrance and the exit in the cave where the adventurer is doesn't need a key? which gate is it for?
The gate back to main entrance is opened with a lever in the main hall (it's in a kind-of side room area, so it might not be immediately visible). I think the key, though I haven't tested it yet, opens the gate inside the Gravepath.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1