I'm hooked on the story and at level 36, should I just follow the main quest straight to the end?

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Woolie Wool
Bettler
Bettler

I find the plot of Enderal really intriguing and suspenseful, but since it has such a linear storyline that's not easily scrambled and rearranged like say, the chaotic Hoover Dam buildup in Fallout New Vegas, so after Something is Momentous Part IV layered on one massive story hook over another and overturned half the story, the plot really seems to want me to stop adventuring already and just gorge on the remaining main quests until I'm done. I'm just before the first act III mission and have explored all of the Sun Coast, Dark Valley, Fogville, King's Pass, Whisperwood, Heartland, Farmer's Coast, and Western Cliff, and partially explored the Crystal Forest, Goldenforst, and I've seen a tiny sliver of the jungle region, but none of the Powder Desert and the Frostcliff Mountains.

I've put around 40 hours into Enderal now, I'm level 36, have a Sword and Shield of the Righteous Path, full set of Armor of the Fallen, an Arcane Bow of the Righteous Path with Aeterna arrows, prestige classed into Blade Breaker, and have 63 base damage and 241 armor rating. I just want to know how it ends and then I can load an earlier save and then go explore the rest of the country. Am I ready to head straight to endgame or do I need more levels?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Well, you are just barely past half of the main quest, so at your level, if you want to just follow the plot you can just continue the main quest. By the time you get near the end of the main quest you will be several levels higher than 36. It will take you to a few areas you haven't been yet, and you will see some interesting places you might choose to explore on the side. Near the end of the main quest you will get a warning that once you proceed you will pass the point where some side quests will no longer be available to you, so it is a good idea to make a hard save before proceeding, and you can go back to that save to explore more after you finish the main quest.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Enderal is designed so that the player can explore the rest of the world on their own. Before the hint
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

28.12.2017 19:14Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Enderal is designed so that the player can explore the rest of the world on their own. Before the hint
or to never have the hint come in play and explore to your heart's content. Of course, one should finish the story at least once because it's so awesome but just like you can play Skyrim without dragons, you can re-play Enderal by barely touching the main quests. If you really like your character and its progress you have made, you can leave the main quests indefinitely and come back to it much later. But considering you are at level 36 and still have quite a ways to go, I think you'll be ok continuing on.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1