Enderal Launcher not loading up when clicked on 

Moderator: Moderatoren

74 Beiträge Seite 7 von 8
aethervagrant
Bettler
Bettler

I had the same issue with the Launcher not starting at all. Windows 10, zero response on initiating the launcher, unblocking it in windows changed nothing, compatibility settings changed nothing....

FINALLY got it today! I didnt have Steam open. With STEAM in the background, launcher starts right up. If steam services are not started, launcher doesnt respond at all. SImple as that for me. granted Ive already done disable av-admin permissions-net framework-compatibility settings- et al ad nauseum.
gatekeeper13
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Greetings, guys. I ve got the exact problem mentioned here. I ve tried every single solution posted till this page and the launcher just wont start for me.

Windows 10 here.
EbonKnight
Krieger
Krieger

Holy SHIT this actually worked!!! Bloody Steam.. I don't even have a Steam version of the game but just running my Steam account in the background magically fixed the installer. Now everything is running great, thanks so much man! Just one more thing though.. am I safe to get rid of that startup message from SKSE? It complains about MemoryFix not being active, but when I check skse.ini it already has that scrapheap whatever size at 768mb?

Also, on another note.. two things regarding the UI:

1) I remember a mod for Skyrim which allowed crosshair customization, such as only showing when you're sneaking or aiming the bow or whatever.. is it possible for that mod to work here or something similar to be implemented? I know it's a small thing but I really quite like playing without the crosshair for the most part, yet I still need it for ranged combat, but Skyrim defaults to either on or off, you can't have both :)

2) Also a mod from ages ago, fixing Skyrim's weird inability to recognize non-default bindings.. essentially, as soon as you change, for example E to F as your activate/interact key, the game should pick up on this and give notification prompts with the new key.. but, it doesn't, so you have to remember which key you've bound things like favorites etc to because the game will give you the wrong key.

So yeah, if anyone has tried fixing these two little things do let me know please :)
Zsombi
Bettler
Bettler

Why does it require Steam?? I don't have it, never had and don't want it on my machine, ever. TESVSkyrim had a boxed version too you know, not just Steam. :x
The Nehrim installation method worked well. Why do you have to change something that works for everyone to something.. :dead: like this?
Also, I never install anything game related onto the same directory as my OS.

Would it not have been easier to make people select their Skyrim installation directory? Knowing what files a fresh install has, it would not have been so hard to make the copy after that either.
gatekeeper13
Bettler
Bettler

Ok, just installed steam and launched it in offline mode and its working now. But it sucks big time that it requires steam, guys. Please remove it. :roll:
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Well guys...
It's mentioned in the requirements on the download page...
Seems like the "steam check" function of the launcher does not work. It should display a message: "Enderal requires Steam".
We'll look into this.
Zsombi hat geschrieben:
Why does it require Steam?? I don't have it, never had and don't want it on my machine, ever. TESVSkyrim had a boxed version too you know, not just Steam. :x
The Nehrim installation method worked well. Why do you have to change something that works for everyone to something.. :dead: like this?
Enderal ist a "big deal". And we have to make sure that we do not support illegal copies of Skyrim.
The only way is Steam. We can't control if you have a disk or an illegal copy.
gatekeeper13
Bettler
Bettler

Tilliboy hat geschrieben:
Well guys...
It's mentioned in the requirements on the download page...
Seems like the "steam check" function of the launcher does not work. It should display a message: "Enderal requires Steam".
We'll look into this.
Zsombi hat geschrieben:
Enderal ist a "big deal". And we have to make sure that we do not support illegal copies of Skyrim.
The only way is Steam. We can't control if you have a disk or an illegal copy.
Ok, but the problem is that although I own a physical copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition, I hate Steam and prefer to have it installed from a repack version without steam installed on my pc. 8)

Seriously, why do you care if someone has an illegal copy of the game or not? Its a mod for God's sake. Not an expansion or a DLC. :wink:

Guess I have to uninstall Enderal, although I cant because the Launcher wont even start now. :dead:
Zsombi
Bettler
Bettler

gatekeeper13 hat geschrieben:
Ok, but the problem is that although I own a physical copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition, I hate Steam and prefer to have it installed from a repack version without steam installed on my pc. 8)

Seriously, why do you care if someone has an illegal copy of the game or not? Its a mod for God's sake. Not an expansion or a DLC. :wink:
I second this.
gatekeeper13
Bettler
Bettler

Zsombi hat geschrieben:
gatekeeper13 hat geschrieben:

I second this.
I pm-ed you. Check your inbox. :wink:
kylt_lichnosti
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I installed steam and launcher started to show something. But on other PC without steam i had decent message. So riddle is unraveled i think.
74 Beiträge Seite 7 von 8