Enderal FPS

Moderator: Moderatoren

47 Beiträge Seite 1 von 5
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

I'm having some difficulty controlling my FPS in Enderal. When everything is put to max I get drops to about 45FPS. However, none of my hardware is fully utilized. RAM isn't maxed out and neither is VRAM, The GPU hovers at about 60-70% usage in these scenarios.

Are there any particularly FPS heavy features I could decrease, and is there a reason for the FPS drops? Possibly something to do with the Skyrim executable itself?
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
I'm having some difficulty controlling my FPS in Enderal. When everything is put to max I get drops to about 45FPS. However, none of my hardware is fully utilized. RAM isn't maxed out and neither is VRAM, The GPU hovers at about 60-70% usage in these scenarios.

Are there any particularly FPS heavy features I could decrease, and is there a reason for the FPS drops? Possibly something to do with the Skyrim executable itself?
You could try to switch off some of the optimizations (found in Enderal launcher configuration menu). Especially the optimized graphics function could increase your fps rate. However, no guarantees as it may depend on the specific system configuration. Maybe also switching off the AI optimization you help.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin

It only happens in specific locations anyway, 45FPS is mostly playable and the vast majority of time it's a steady 60. Still a little odd tho, considering, like I said, it's not utilizing my hardware fully.

Thanks for the response.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

I have pretty bad stuttering in Enderal on i5 2500k/gtx 970 4gb/16gb/ssd. Trying to play with and without vertical sync, lower settings - still stutters. Any help would be welcome
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin

All the time or only during specific sequences like combat etc?
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

All the time. But I just fixed it. Clicked one tweak button and turned off windows mode while vertical sync was on. Plays really smooth now compared to what was before
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin

Cheers, great to hear. How's your FPS in general, btw, ever have drops like the ones I'm suffering from?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
It only happens in specific locations anyway, 45FPS is mostly playable and the vast majority of time it's a steady 60. Still a little odd tho, considering, like I said, it's not utilizing my hardware fully.

Thanks for the response.
In the most cases it's not the graphics card struggling.
Every object in the virtual world thats displayed on you screen results in a draw call. Enderal uses far more objects than Skyrim (even more than a highly modded Skyrim). These draw calls causing a heavy CPU utilization. But the Skyrim engine (32bit!) can't use much of our CPU Power these days.

Of course you got less FPS in a forest or if you look from the south west towards the north east. Because there is the (drawcall heavy) main landmass.

If you have heavy stuttering or FPS drops overall try out different settings in the launcher. Sometimes it works wonders if you change your RAM or CPU usuage.
Also try out different settings of our AA or anisotropic filters.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin

Yeah, I feared it'd be engine related. It's not a big issue by any stretch of the imagination. I'll keep fiddling with the settings and see if I can add a couple FPS here and there.
Thanakil
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Since this is my second post, maybe I should try reinstalling everything. But I'll post this since it comes with a solution, in case other people have something similar happen.
My game is a clean install of Skyrim and Enderal, with Enderal patched this morning before creating my first character. I mentioned an issue with SKSE earlier.

Early in the game, we see water in two places (meditation, waking up near water). Both times, I saw a strange glitch where the water would "flicker". After waking up near the water, not only would it flicker, but a new layer of water would appear higher in the air + the sound of rain would stop whenever the flicker would appear.

I realized that my game was running at 144hz, which makes me believe that since I have Vsync enabled, the game is synced to my monitor (144hz). I know that the engine used by Bethesda has issues when running higher than 60fps (I believe it function relatively well until 70-80?). I capped my framerate at 60fps by using Afterburner + Rivatuner, and the issue with water has now disappeared.

I'm not sure why the FPS is uncapped (normally limited by the ini files, I believe), but this is something that seems to have happened to me.

Edit: This still happens after a full and complete clean reinstall of Skyrim and Enderal, but the game is fully playable if I use external tools to limit the frame rate to 60fps.
47 Beiträge Seite 1 von 5