Of launchers and graphics cards [solved]

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
WILKATIS
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

So, I have just downloaded and installed Enderal german version on my laptop and encountered a problem.
Th launcher cannot find my Nvidia graphics card and uses Itel HDD integrated graphics card that is a lot shittier automatically.
Is there any way to fix this, and if it's not currently possible it would be nice if an update fixed it in future.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Hi WILKATIS,
we are currently working on this problem! You are not the only one ;). Sometimes the Launcher can't find the graphic card, but the game is using it.
Try to check ingame if everything is working well and pls give feedback if not.
Maybe try a new installation with the Enderal launcher.

Till
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Update: Our launcher programmer is still working on this problem. But some clever user found out a way to fix it.
But it's not replacing the official Fix which will come out soon.

Backup your old config "SkyrimPrefs.ini" before using this fix.

In this config: "SkyrimPrefs.ini" there is a line "sD3DDevice="Intel (graphiccard)"".
Cut and Paste it under the line "[Display]" and write the name of your graphiccard between the quotation marks.

example:
I'm using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
-->
e.g. "sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760"

credit to user: 5ynt3ck

Edit: A second trick is to start Skyrim and let this launcher search out your graphiccard.
WILKATIS
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Thank you very much. The graphics card is set as the right one in SkyrimPrefs, so probably everything is ok with that. But another problem hs surfaced. Random CTD's are a very annoying thing that happen all the time. About every 30 minutes or so. Is it connected with something specifi, or just a release bug?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

We are currently working on some crash fixes. Make sure OneTweak is enabled in your launcher options. And try out lower graphic settings. A fully subbed and voiced english version of Enderal will be released in late July (probably with less Bugs)
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

The creation Engine is not that optimized in terms of resource management. All textures will be mirrored from the VRAM into the RAM. This causes some issues.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1