A bug in "A song in the silence" 

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Skiller Legendary
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hello there! Nice to meet you! So here is my problem: I've started the quest "A song in the silence and while doing it, I've come across a bug. I've talked to Ketaron Dal'Geyss and he kicked me out, and after that, I had to find another way in, blah blah blah, and I've reached the balcony at the backside of the house. Then, I try to enter, but nothing happens! Like, you know, I step in front of the door, and press E, but nothing happens. I've tried restarting Enderal and my computer several times, but it still doesn't work. Any help resolving this issue?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

28.11.2018 14:06Skiller Legendary hat geschrieben:
Hello there! Nice to meet you! So here is my problem: I've started the quest "A song in the silence and while doing it, I've come across a bug. I've talked to Ketaron Dal'Geyss and he kicked me out, and after that, I had to find another way in, blah blah blah, and I've reached the balcony at the backside of the house. Then, I try to enter, but nothing happens! Like, you know, I step in front of the door, and press E, but nothing happens. I've tried restarting Enderal and my computer several times, but it still doesn't work. Any help resolving this issue?
Hi, I moved your thread to the correct sub forum.
The activator for that specific door is a bit wonky if I remember it correctly. Have you tried to interact with the door from a different angle? If that doesn't work, please upload your savegame (.ess and .skse file zipped as archive), so we can have a look at it. Savegames are located by default in C:\Documents\mygames\Skyrim\saves\
Skiller Legendary
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi, I moved your thread to the correct sub forum.
The activator for that specific door is a bit wonky if I remember it correctly. Have you tried to interact with the door from a different angle? If that doesn't work, please upload your savegame (.ess and .skse file zipped as archive), so we can have a look at it. Savegames are located by default in C:\Documents\mygames\Skyrim\saves\
I have already tried to open the door from a different angle. Should I upload a save in front of the door? Or will any save do?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Upload one in front of the door and one further back (before entering the Dal'Geyss' house at all for example).
Skiller Legendary
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

30.11.2018 13:19stuemper hat geschrieben:
Upload one in front of the door and one further back (before entering the Dal'Geyss' house at all for example).
Alright, I understand. I will upload the files tomorrow. Thanks!
Skiller Legendary
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

28.11.2018 14:06Skiller Legendary hat geschrieben:
I've talked to Ketaron Dal'Geyss and he kicked me out, and after that, I had to find another way in, blah blah blah, and I've reached the balcony at the backside of the house.
Well, how did you reach the balcony on the backside of the house in the first place? Doesn't look like you did it via the normal way (back entrance and sneaking through the house).
Skiller Legendary
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Well, how did you reach the balcony on the backside of the house in the first place? Doesn't look like you did it via the normal way (back entrance and sneaking through the house).
Yes, I did it it by going trough the back entrance and sneaking trough the house. I picked up the "House Key", too. Although, I suck at sneaking, so I used tcl to bypass some of the guards. Could that be the issue? Or is it the wonky door trigger?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Tcl doesn't do you any good here. Since it disables all collision for the player, it doesn't register if the player gets through certain triggerboxes which would progress the quest accordingly. When you enter the back entrance, there is a chest with a detect life spell which should help you get through this.
Skiller Legendary
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

02.12.2018 14:51stuemper hat geschrieben:
Tcl doesn't do you any good here. Since it disables all collision for the player, it doesn't register if the player gets through certain triggerboxes which would progress the quest accordingly. When you enter the back entrance, there is a chest with a detect life spell which should help you get through this.
Oh, well, thanks for telling. I'll report if it works without tcl.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2