Enderal Launcher Launches Skyrim 0XP

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I found a topic on the forum how to play Skyrim & Enderal, with a link to a video which showed to rename the Skyrim file (I renamed it to Skyrim - enderal) then on steam "verify files" which would result in an entirely new Skyrim file. OK, did it. Using that new launcher, I can play Skyrim.

However, when I launch the Enderal Launcher, at first it seems OK, I see the proper Enderal start screen (distant view of Ark), I select one of my Enderal save games, I see a typical Enderal loading screen, then I am at the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood Skyrim with 0XP!

If I launch the Enderal Launcher and select New, the list (continue, new, load, credits, quit) disappears and all I see is the start screen (distant view of Ark) and music plays. I let it run for 15 minutes but nothing happened. When I check the task manager it shows everything running.

Now what?

EDIT: Nevermind, my Enderal Launcher updated and now it seems OK. However, all my save games are in the same file. The problem is with the quicksave and autosaves, as they overwrite. So if I have a quicksave in Skyrim, then I play Enderal and have a quicksave, it overwrites the Skyrim quicksave. Is there a way to separate the Enderal & Skyrim save game files?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

well. that's apparently one way to do that :shock:

you'll need to use two separate save folders in documents / my games / skyrim,
and rename one of them to saves when you use it.
there are savegame managers, but I don't know if they work in this case.
same with the inis, since Enderal and Skyrim don't use the same ones.

(also, at this point we are allowed to tell users to maybe just wait for the steam release,
so I'll do that as well :wink: )
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Actually my save game folder is already named SAVES. I have a feeling it probably isn't worth the trouble to try to sort it out. I just have to remember to do a normal save before closing either game.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

no, what I meant is something like

saves_skyrim and
saves
for playing Enderal, and renaming those folders to

saves and
saves_Enderal
when playing Skyrim.

yeah sorry, that may have been a bit unclear :/

to add to that:
if you do want to play with separate installations, two save folders would be advisable though;
having a whole lot of savegames lead to longer loading times,
and your save will probably break if you accidentally load it in the wrong game.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

I see what you mean, but I'm wondering, isn't there some setting or instruction somewhere that would also have to be changed? If, for example, I play Skyrim, how would the game know to send a save to the saves_skyrim file instead of the saves file?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

it doesn't.

the game saves in the folder that's called "saves".
you rename the one not currently in use (however you want, that was just an example).
(so the game doesn't "see" it)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

So, I would have 2 files "saves" and "saves-enderal" so if I play Skyrim it saves to the "saves". But when I want to play Enderal, first I would have to change "saves" to "saves-skyrim" and change "saves-enderal" to "saves" so the Enderal saves would go to that separate file; then before I play Skyrim I would have to switch the file names again.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

exactly.

now the same with the .ini files and
(at least if you want to mod) C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\skyrim since that's where loadorders are stored.

there are guides on how to go about a parallel installation with
[+] Mod Organizer

and there's a nifty tool for switching :)
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1