No data files present, problems with installation 

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

also, yeah, the update servers for Nehrim are down;
the latest version is 1.5.0.8, and that's one download by now :)
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

There will probably be no more automatic updates for Oblivion if you have updated before installing Nehrim.
Therefore, the order of installation.
Install Oblivion (via Steam) and update this, possibly back up these folders.
Then install Nehrim in the same folder with the current version, done.
Ricaaado
Bettler
Bettler

01.09.2018 23:08Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Sorry, my English is not the best, please ask again if necessary.

After the Enderal installation, please do not start the Enderal lancher in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\, but (e.g. via a link to the Destop) in the game path.
In such cases, please start the launcher as admin and check if other programs such as your firewall or an antivirus program do not disturb.

I would suggest a clean reinstallation in your case, even if it takes some time.
(Enderal, have you already uninstalled it? If not, please do it)

Clean new installation: (please read with attention)
- copy existing savegames to other locations and also the installation-file of Enderal
You'll find the saves in: C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves
- Uninstall Enderal with the launcher and then uninstall Skyrim.
- Then delete the following directories manually. (these are old data remnants of the installation).
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (your installation path)
C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\ (game settings and saves of Skyrim and/or Enderal)
C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\skyrim\ (your current mod settings,
Note: this may be a hidden folder)

The same 3 folders are also important when backup your data.This may save you a lot of time later, if you have enough space.
-----
New installation:
(start as administrator if possible and may temporarily deactivate anti-virus programs or other disturbing background applications)
- To do this, create a folder (such as C:\Games, i.e., no existing Windows system folders),
- Then reinstall Skyrim there, update and start the game briefly (do not save), then install Enderal, update again and start Enderal via the Enderal-launcher.
(Manually remove any write protection of the relevant folders via Properties, with subdirectories)

Then make settings . The short starts are for testing and creating the default settings.

Leave out any mods for now!

If problems still arise afterwards, you may have other problems, but that would have to be solved here later.

Problems with Nehrim may be solved better in the separate Tread?
A lot has already been written about this, under Nehrim and Steam.
The Nehrim problem is solved. I'm going with your suggestion for fixing Enderal and hopefully it works. I should be able to reply with an update in the morning.

Update: Miraculously, the problem with Enderal is now solved too! Thank you all for your help, and hopefully anyone else having the same problem will find a solution here.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

That is great! :) Thanks for letting us know and have fun in Nehrim and Enderal! :)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

03.09.2018 05:56Ricaaado hat geschrieben:
The Nehrim problem is solved. I'm going with your suggestion for fixing Enderal and hopefully it works. I should be able to reply with an update in the morning.

Update: Miraculously, the problem with Enderal is now solved too! Thank you all for your help, and hopefully anyone else having the same problem will find a solution here.
good to know, havve fun then :thumbsup:
15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2