I think uninstalling Enderal messed up my Skyrim.

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SandPaperCondom123
Bettler
Bettler

After playing Enderal and had beaten the game 2 times i felt like playing skyrim to enjoy modding the heck out of it. i may have not used the launcher uninstaller thing to uninstall Enderal. i just deleted everything out of the files but i don't know if that was what caused this problem. the problem is that my skyrim is messing up with the textures. i would load in go inside Whiterun and out side of Dragonsreach some part of the walls textures on Dragonsreach were conflicting. so i thought it was my texture mods. so i disabled them and played the game again and it still happens.and after that i disabled all my mods to make sure and it still happened. btw this occurs in any city or any town. like for example i go to Windhelm save game and get off and get back on and load in, somethings in and outside of Windhelm the textures will start conflicting. or any other city, mostly including the open cities.i even played skyrim in windowed mode ( don't know how that would fix it.)

I don't know if it's my graphics card. i usually do overclock my graphics card but i even set it back to default settings and it still does the same thing i even reapplied the thermal paste on it and it still does it. i even reinstalled skyrim and it still does it, and even went as far as to completely restart my computer to a freshly installed windows 10. and i began to re download steam and then re downloaded skyrim and it still did the same thing. could it be my hard drive i don't know it's new I've had for a couple of months and i even downloaded it to my SSD and it still does it. so i don't know how to solve this problem fully. i found some what of a solution to this problem. there is a console command that is PCB which when you go inside a house and then type it in everything outside is reloaded including the textures. it works but i'll have to do it over and over and over every time i get on or when i'm going to a city or town it's going to be annoying i don't know what to do i pretty much tried everything i could do. if there's anything i can do please someone help. or if someone has encountered this problem and has fixed it please tell me how. i even went as low as to play special edition and tried ENB's for which to be honest, actually do blow dick compared the ones you can get on the 2011 skyrim. i'm not 100% sure if it was Enderal but it happened after i uninstalled it . so but i still don't know.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

With your fresh install, does it still do this if you create a brand new char?

Edit... is your Steam / Skyrim on your C drive or a different drive? as if on a different drive you might have files left over and remaining when you reinstall Steam / skyrim to the same location
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

delete the two *.ini from ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and restart the game (it will create a new one on launch)
that might already help.

have you tried lowering your settings?
(just for testing purposes)
SandPaperCondom123
Bettler
Bettler

Jacknet, I completely restarted everything. and reset my whole computer and i even tried to see if it was my graphics card and it wasn't. but i think i might of found the problem every thing in the texture folder in skyrim is gone but several folders such as water, trees, rocks that type of stuff. but once i get into the those folders. The folder is empty nothing is there. They might have made it that way but i'm not sure.

i can't even play Skyrim on a freshly installed windows with a new skyrim and it will still happen. probably could be something in the hard drive which is new and i don't know why it would mess up, but i even tried it on my SSD and it pretty much did the same thing. could it be the RAM which yet again is pretty new i haven't had it for very long. i had my graphics card for about 2 years. it's a R7 370 4GB graphics card ASUS model.

like I said, I don't know if it's 100% Enderal but It happened after I uninstalled It. and this will happen on a new character as well.
Zuletzt geändert von SandPaperCondom123 am 09.08.2018 15:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
SandPaperCondom123
Bettler
Bettler

yea, i lowered the graphics settings and it still does the same thing. even when i reset my graphics card settings to default and restart my computer and get back on and play it still does it so i don't know what to do i couldn't find the 2 ini files you said to look for.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

there's neither a skyrim.ini nor a skyrimprefs.ini in the folder right above the "saves" folder?
:shock:
you shouldn't even be able to start the game like that :|
(you might just not see the file extension)

try to verify the files via steam :?:
SandPaperCondom123
Bettler
Bettler

Oh, you said look for 2 ini files, but i do have skyrimprefs file in skyrim folder. that's it nothing else.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

NOT the one in the game folder!

in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Skyrim are (at least) these two ini files (delete these two)
and the folder withe the safefiles (called "saves" ) :)
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1