Enderal constantly crashes 

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
naeius
Bettler
Bettler

Hello to all.

First of all, I'd like to say that there are no words to express how impressed I am with the project and since English is not my native language that makes it even harder :) . Unfortunately, no matter how I tried to be patient, I just can't play with the constant crashing of the game.

The Facts:
a. I installed Skyrim (non SSE) specifically to play Enderal, so it's 100% clean. I haven't even touched the settings before installing the game.

b. After Skyrim got installed, I installed and updated Enderal to the latest version exactly as described in the various guides.

c. I'm currently playing with one mod (Enderal Gameplay Overhaul) but all the issues being mentioned below happen with or without that mod since I restarted multiple times without the mod just to figure out the best combination of settings before I decided to install it.

d. My PC uses a 1080 graphics card with a i7 4790k, 16GB of RAM on dual monitors (different sizes) and game+mod are installed on an SSD. Moreover I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

e. Regarding the settings, I used 'High' since I never drop below 60fps and haven't touched anything other than audio, mouse sens and the entries that the aforementioned mod requires.

f. Regarding OneTweak, I have no idea when it is on or off since there is no visual indication other that settings changing (does it start on or off?). No matter what state it is though, I will either CTD (no error window, straight to the desktop like nothing happened) or I'll experience a crash with an error window (game not responding etc.).

f2. One thing I have noticed that happens depending upon which state OneTweak is in (on/off) is that videos have no visual and audio stutters (one state) and visuals & audio work normally (another state). Crashes happen anyway no matter if the videos work or not.

g. As mentioned above, crashes will happen no matter what. I read on another thread that it was important how long before a crash happen but I really don't see any stable pattern.. it can happen anytime, indoors, outdoors, without looking at anything specific (to give some reason for the crash), etc.

I have managed to reach 2nd level (just around that 3-wolf battle in the beginning) and I just love what I'm seeing ..and what I'm discovering :wink:
Please tell me there is hope for me.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

there's always hope, as long as you don't just vanish ;)

the crashes don't happen to occur exactly every 15 minutes, do they?
if they do, open the taskmanager in detailed view (lower right), open the tab "services",
close the service "tabtip", or "TabletInputService".

aaannd that's it, you're good to go.

the service is used by graphic tablets, touchscreens and similar stuff.
(those will still work, and the process will restart itself if you reboot the system)

since you're not a native english speaker that may very well all be named differently on your end, though.
I can offer you a screenshot :?:

to rule out that one really common thing:
delete the two *.ini from ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim and restart the game
(it will create new ones on launch)
(it probably won't help, but ... yeah, sometimes stuff happens :mrgreen: )

there could also be some other program interfering

you could take a look into Windows' event log (I can only give you german to english translations):
(right after the next crash)
- right click on the windows start button to open the "event viewer"
- in that screen, open "custom views" and then something like "administrative events"
- is there anything of interest in that list on the right?

there might also be something wrong with the installation;
in that case you might need to reinstall, if you didn't already try that.
(it doesn't really sound like a corrupted download, but just to make sure you might also want to redownload that 8gb file :/ )

if there's anyone telling you that you should totally install ENBoost, yes, that might help,
but it's really not a solution in this case.

hope something of this helps :)
Dateianhänge
2.JPG
2.JPG (53.91 KiB) 6270 mal betrachtet
naeius
Bettler
Bettler

Thank you for the time you spent replying.

I'll honestly say though that I know the tips you suggested as there have been mentioned on other threads as well.

The problem with my services/processes along with the tablet input device is that they are being used outside the game .. that's the reason I haven't tried them before creating this thread. You see, I play games only when I take breaks from my work (which is on the same PC) and it will mess a lot of things if I start closing down tasks.

Besides the above, I have tried closing steam's overlay, using 'medium' settings, I also -just a few minutes ago- tried to save only on manual saves and disabled any kind of auto save.. still the same problem.

I will go ahead and try to disable some input devices carefully since I also had a feeling that the sudden CTD (not the 'not-responding' one) felt like it was something switching to desktop with the game just going crazy and shutting down quietly.

Now that I have you, I'd like to ask a few questions regarding the actual game (no reason to open a new thread since they will be easily answered):
a. Is the loot randomised? As I mentioned I started multiple times and each time I found different gear in spots I had searched in previous sessions.
b. Why no subtitles in the videos? I know it sounds weird but, while I can understand almost everything when it's written in English I have trouble understanding when it's being spoken... I can tell you that I have no idea what was being said in the first two videos (intro + the next one).
c. I feel that the loot is pretty rewarding. Is it intended or is it just me?

thanks again for your time
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Yeah, you should definitely be careful with disabling input devices. But you could start the game, leave it open and check if it crashes after exactly 15 minutes without you doing anything. If that is the case, then the crashes are caused by a graphic tablet, touchscreen etc as urst already mentioned.
16.05.2018 11:23naeius hat geschrieben:
a. Is the loot randomised? As I mentioned I started multiple times and each time I found different gear in spots I had searched in previous sessions.
The loot is randomised only partially. Certain unique items or armor set items have a fixed place.
b. Why no subtitles in the videos? I know it sounds weird but, while I can understand almost everything when it's written in English I have trouble understanding when it's being spoken... I can tell you that I have no idea what was being said in the first two videos (intro + the next one).
That's how it is because there is no option to enable or disable subtitles in a movie in the game engine. We would need to add such an option ourselves. I have already noted this suggestion on my to-do-list.
c. I feel that the loot is pretty rewarding. Is it intended or is it just me?
Looting should be rewarding, right? :D
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

the "TabletInputService" - solution works only for the 15-min-crash anyway :)
(but it might also be the only thing that works for that crash :/ )

edit:
fwiw, at least my graphics tablet keeps working completely fine.
(no idea what exactly that process does :lol: :roll: )

just to be clear - I'm not a developer, only a moderator on this site :)

a and c) loot in chests is mostly (?) randomized, but not leveled.
so the loot is defined by the region:
you'll find low-level stuff in the region of the Sun Coast,
and nothing but tougher enemies keeps you from high-level gear :)

setitems and most (?) equipment outside of chests are placed by hand though

hope that helps (and I didn't write complete bullsh.. :oops: ) :)

as for b)
no idea :(
(I don't even know if that's intended to be honest)

but I know what you mean, I have difficulties with spoken english as well :dumb:
naeius
Bettler
Bettler

OK. That was totally unexpected; I'm playing for nearly an hour without a crash.

That's not what surprised me the most though; I believe that tablet tweak fixed a crazy issue I had for ages on my desktop which made it behave like it was refreshing itself (can't explain it better). That 'refresh' introduced lag on competitive online games (like eg. Planetside2). When that happened, the game experienced a sudden lag-spike.. and you know that even a millisecond delay in such games is like the earth has gone upside down.

Since I disabled the tablet service, that refresh-like thing is gone :o

I have to say that, the more I play the mod (mod is an understatement btw.) the more I fall in love with it. I can safely say that so far I'm having a much better time than I had with the original Skyrim. What I'm experiencing now has a 'soul' something that Skyrim lacked.

That's why my best pure RPGs were always German made. You people know how to make proper fantasy. Period.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

well.
that's something :lol:
hope, that's really the solution then :thumbsup:
naeius
Bettler
Bettler

Still no crash... Thanks a lot guys :thumbsup:

Now,
regarding what I said about the 'rewarding' loot.
What I actually meant was that it is a bit *too* rewarding imo.

I'm currently 2nd level (or just got 3rd) and I already have:
-an iron sword of flames
-plenty of arrows (I do use a lot of arrows)
-a certain pair of gauntlets from a set that replenishes stamina and helps blocking (sorry, can't remember the name)
-steel chain gear (which has very good defence at so low level)
-multiple ores (iron, corundum and one other that I don't remember)
-plenty of good spells including a sword summon and lightning II (just got those, haven't used them yet)
..and various other things that I can't recall atm.

Please remember that I use Gameplay Overhaul which increases the difficulty of the fights drastically. eg. Constant use of spells is out of the question.

So, is it me that I feel I have been rewarded a bit too much or is that kind of reward system intended?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

16.05.2018 14:58naeius hat geschrieben:
I'm currently 2nd level (or just got 3rd) and I already have:
-an iron sword of flames
-plenty of arrows (I do use a lot of arrows)
-a certain pair of gauntlets from a set that replenishes stamina and helps blocking (sorry, can't remember the name)
-steel chain gear (which has very good defence at so low level)
-multiple ores (iron, corundum and one other that I don't remember)
-plenty of good spells including a sword summon and lightning II (just got those, haven't used them yet)
..and various other things that I can't recall atm.
hm.
at least some of these things sound odd (steel gear, higher leveled spells; if you stayed in the Sun Coast) :?:
are you sure that the gameplay overhaul doesn't change the loot?
naeius
Bettler
Bettler

16.05.2018 16:23urst hat geschrieben:

hm.
at least some of these things sound odd (steel gear, higher leveled spells; if you stayed in the Sun Coast) :?:
are you sure that the gameplay overhaul doesn't change the loot?
Ouch. You are right. It was in the 'miscellaneous' section of the 'overhaul' mod and I just missed it.

My apologies. It seems I need to chat with the mod author.

Thanks again.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2