Paper World Map - Information!

Moderator: Moderatoren

48 Beiträge Seite 2 von 5
Leolo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi

It is written A65 in the launcher but I don't have the new text in the skyrim.ini file...

I have the Fast travel mod but nothing changes when i untick the box of this mod in the launcher.

Is there any impact on the Skyrim official game (with 3D map mod added) if I copy/paste your text in the skyrim.ini file? I don't want to create issues in my original game.

Thanks
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

The Enderal launcher made an backup of your original Skyrim ini files. You can find them under:
..\Skyrim\EnderalLauncher\backup\skyrim\

If you want to change and play Skyrim while Enderal is installed, you need to copy them from there into your ..\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\ directory. Or just delete your ini files there and let Skyrim generate new ones.
Leolo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Unfortunately, it did not work (although the ini file is the good version)

Please at least make a patch that allow us to withdraw the new map and make it optional? I cannot play anymore to this game or i will have to reinstall Enderal completely! :( A lot of people play it with Fast travel mod.

leolo
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

It is possible if you use Mod Organizer to setup several versions with different Ini-files. You should consider using this tool to automate the process. Creating a different patch for the game is not possible while Enderal is in active development.
Leolo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Is the new map exclusively introduced by the changes made to the ini. file? If yes, will it reverse the process if I paste the original ini.file ?
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

No, there are more files involved and the old files are overwritten. Here is a video how to use mod organizer with Enderal.

Leolo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi,

What is the hot fix patch about? Does it also relate to the map?

Thank you

leolo
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

The patch changelog can be found here: https://en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Patch
Freestonew
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I have the map problem! no paper map! all that I get is the old map and it has graphic glitz like in a poster's image. and no quest markers at all, not even a town.
I had gotten to Riverville and this town is not even on that old map. I have now activated several quests, no markers show.

the skyrim ini file is ok.
clean install.

well, I found out my problem. I have about 12 to 15 mods installed. when I deactivated these mods, lo and behold the paper map appears with the quest markers!

now came the painful Hunt for mods that ruin the world map! at least I do not have 250 mods installed.

I finally found a few mods that ruined the map; more then one. seems most mods that place objects *on* the world, will ruin the map!

I had to remove my nice Tam cabin, there in riverville! good thing I have nothing in it.
then I took out....

bank safes.
harvest overhaul.
eu3fan teleport.
magic symbol quest.

I notice that the sun quarters mod works. probably indoors.
myths legends improved seems to be ok.

no cabin, no nice workbenches.....

I need those quest markers!
at least now I can find the bandit in the ruined farm, the notice board quest.

seems then that mods that place objects in the objective game world, are not compatible with the new paper map.
harvest objects, buildings, manipulation of objects in the world: will not work.
but mods that change crafting, magic powers, and manipulation of say the wait screen, work ok as they are not *in* the world.

thus every one of these mod makers might have to change their mods to be compatible, now. let alone other mods that I do not use that also change the world. I will have to recheck the nexus from time to time to see if these mods are updated.

edit: I had to begin a new game. taking out the mods ruined my save.

freestone
Leolo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi,

If you play with Fast travel mod, check on Nexus for the special patch. It will solve the map issue if your problem come from this mod.

Leolo 8)
48 Beiträge Seite 2 von 5