Game failing on New Save 

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
willplatt96
Bettler
Bettler

Hi,

When I click click to start a new game, the writing and bethesda symbol disappear, but I'm left with the background and it just stays on that. It doesn't freeze, as I can still see the smoke at the bottom moving, but it never loads. Any ideas?

cheers
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

The game might be not installed correctly, files are missing, etc.. Are you dowloaded the installation package via torrent or manually and how big is the installtion package in Bytes?

Should be something around: 7,84 GB (8.427.964.531 Bytes) / 7,84 GB (8.427.966.464 Bytes) for the English version.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

you shouldn't even see the Bethesda logo :/ (as far as I know)
(there should be a background image)

delete the two ini files from \Documents\My Games\Skyrim and restart the game,
that might already help.
(the game creates new inis on launch)
willplatt96
Bettler
Bettler

Hi, I installed in through the Nexus, and the file size was correct. I tried removing the .ini files and restarting but that didn't help. I hope I don't have to re-install the game, it took ages :lol:

I tired clicking on credits to see if the same thing happened but that worked fine so I can't think what the issue is? I've also removed all mods from Skyrim

Cheers
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

reinstall might be the easiest way though :(

- the full log might be useful
could you attach that? (the file (launcher.log) is located in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Enderallauncher\system\log)

- could you also attach a screenshot of your data folder? (\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data)
willplatt96
Bettler
Bettler

Hi, I've attached a screenshot of my data folder and the launcher.log file as well. hope this helps

cheers,

will
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(247.35 KiB) 41-mal heruntergeladen
data.png
data.png (192.52 KiB) 1165 mal betrachtet
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Yes, you should reconsider a re-installation. Your files are all mixed up. The original Skyrim.esm, Update.esm are in your directory, but not the one used for Enderal.

Did you checked out this website to install Enderal https://enderal.com, you should. It looks like you unpacked the Enderal installation file manually in your Skyrim directory, that is wrong. Use the Enderal launcher for the installation.
willplatt96
Bettler
Bettler

Hi,

used a torrent version that I downloaded as well just in case, and that worked absolutely fine. Thanks for your help
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1