Never have been able to meditate 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
vincentim
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello, first of all congratulations for this awesome game ! I would be so glad to play it more but... I have a frustrating bug, as it seems.

Since the very begining, I wasn't able to meditate. I play with a 360 controller (wifi), the "back" button when pushed just pop a text "you have to search for a bed to rest", even if I'm in front of a bed. It does the same when "Z" pressed. The meditation spell is equipped.

I thought this was normal (because of the fever in the story...) but I've played about 15 hours and now realize it's certainly a bug.

Crafting and learning points are ok, but I'm earning more and more memory points and I can't use them. Note that at the beginning of the game, before awaking on the beach, I saw the place whith stones but skipped it (not on purpose) and never been able to reach this "dreaming/meditating place" again.

Any help help would be appreciated... thanks !

note: I have some mods installed on my PC but they never have been activated on Enderal
Enderal played in english, version 1.2.3.1 A64
Launcher.log and save attached
Dateianhänge
Save 619 - Helen Ark The Dancing Nomad 14.59.11.zip
(1.1 KiB) 76-mal heruntergeladen
Save 619 - Helen Ark The Dancing Nomad 14.59.11.ess
(2.61 MiB) 88-mal heruntergeladen
Launcher.log
(141.21 KiB) 82-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

it works fine with me :/

just to make sure, you're using the button for "shouts"/powers, right?

(disclaimer: I have no idea what could cause this, besides missing skse, and that's apparently not the reason)

you could try to delete the two ini files from ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim;
the game will create new ones.
(sorry, that's just my go-to answer :/ )

it would probably take a while, but you could check if that issue persists on a new game :?:
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

If it displays "you have to search for a bed to rest", you maybe have your keys assigned differently. This message displays if you want to rest, but as urst already said you need to select the power "Meditation" in your magic menu and push the button for shouts/powers. I recommend to check your keyboard / controller settings.
vincentim
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Thank you, I didn't realized there were such powers (like the shouts in skyrim) and thought I had to equip and use them like magic (fire, bolt, healing, etc.).
RB button works "like a charm" (ah ah) and puts me in front of the magic stones. :D

I think one of the reasons why I first thought it didn't worked was because the spell wasn't equipped (until I searched a reason why it didn't worked). Then, I searched for an explanation for my "problem" (erf... what a shame when you think about it) and found on the internet some people talking about their problem with the "back" ("z") button and mostly the fact that they can't meditate. Maybe some of them were making the same mistake that I was...

Thank you so much ! I can't wait to go back to Enderal ! :thumbsup:

Note that I cannot "wait" (I mistaken with "meditate", and because I wasn't able to use either ones I think it was the same thing) either, but this is another problem that doesn't bother me that much...
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Note that I cannot "wait"
There is no "waiting" option in Enderal. To pass time you have to sleep in a bed (even a rough one at a campsite) and select the number of hours to sleep.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1