Enderal won't launch 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Folken45
Bettler
Bettler

Hey all,

I want to try Enderal for the very first time but the game just won't launch. I had already installed Enderal once but I was getting a "Skyrim has stopped working" every time I would click "New game" in the main menu so I just uninstalled and reinstalled everything but now when I click "Launch Enderal" in the launcher, I get the black box that opens then closes quickly but then nothing happens, the game doesn't launch. I installed a bunch of mods with NMM but they should be compatible, I've got them from a few lists from Enderal forums. What am I doing wrong ?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

- first step would be to try without mods.
these lists could very well be out of date, patches change stuff :)

- if that doesn't work, delete the skyrim.ini from ...\Documents\My Games\Skyrim,
then try again.
(the ini will recreate itself on launch.)

- game and launcher are up to date?

- where did you download the mainfile from?
or more specifically, did you use the torrent option? it's the least likely to get corrupted during download.
(altough that problem doesn't sound like "damaged file")
Folken45
Bettler
Bettler

Hey,

Thanks for the quick answer. So I uninstalled all my mods and the game now launches properly but all I can see when I click new game, after the loading screen, is water, all the other textures seem to be missing.. I can hear the music, I can move normally, I hear my footsteps and a quest start : A new day in summer or something like that but I only see water everywhere. And the sun.

Edit : I downloaded by torrent and there are no updates available.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

14.10.2017 01:25Folken45 hat geschrieben:
Hey,

Thanks for the quick answer. So I uninstalled all my mods and the game now launches properly but all I can see when I click new game, after the loading screen, is water, all the other textures seem to be missing.. I can hear the music, I can move normally, I hear my footsteps and a quest start : A new day in summer or something like that but I only see water everywhere. And the sun.
that bug should be caused by ENB remains.
(I think. if I remeber correctly)

so.
delete the ENB stuff.
or make a clean install, might be easier :/
then only add mods/ ENB if you're sure the game runs
and you absolutely need them :)

what mods did you have installed by the way?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Disabling Anti Aliasing should do the trick. If you encounter weird cutcsenes, no fade-to-blacks etc, you have an incompatible ENB installed. I recommend removing it.
Folken45
Bettler
Bettler

For some reason, even after deleting all enb files, every time I would launch the game, they would reappear. Deleting my backup enb files did it though. And that was indeed the problem. Textures are properly showing up now. I'll start adding mods back slowly to see which one was preventing the game from initializing in the first place. Thank you guys!

Edit : For anyone wondering, it's Wearable Lanterns that prevent the game from launching for me. Even with the Enderal patch the game just won't initialize.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1