Crash after updating to 1.2.2.1 

Moderator: Moderatoren

19 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
rux616
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

So after updating to 1.2.2.1, I am now CTD'ing every time I attempt to access my secure chest.

It was not doing this on 1.2.2.0, so I was wondering if there was a list of *exactly* what records were changed in 1.2.2.1. While I am playing with a few mods (nothing too major), I haven't had any issues until now.

Also, is there a downgrade procedure so I can go back to 1.2.2.0? I'm at level 63 and about (I think) half way-ish through the story, so I would *really* prefer not to restart and lose everything.

As an addendum: Does anyone know how to get access to the contents of the Secure Chest via the console? I'm likely going to need to do that in order to fix this if I can't downgrade.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

what mods do you have installed?
best would be deactivating them one after another:/
Changelog 1.2.2.1:

General:
Races and some books will be displayed properly.
is the only thing stated in the changelog. (maybe some armor? skeleton? bodymod?)

if that doesn't help, you might want to open a ticket in the Bugtracker
(no need to register)

if the crash is indeed only tied to the patch (regardless of mods)
there might be a rollback soon, so maybe stop playing for a while.

there are console commands for opening containers in general,
but I have absolutely no idea how they work with these chests :?:
would not recommend.

don't know about downgrading, sorry :(
rux616
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

The fact that only races and some books were updated and my game started to crash on me was what surprised me the most. As a means of first response I deactivated ALL my mods and tried it again, but the game still crashed.

Still though, here's a list: As far as working with inventories goes, I don't have much of a problem with it, I just can't seem to find the right RefID of the Secure Chest. The two that are listed via the help command are cited as "invalid" by the game, and when I click on a Secure Chest directly it's inventory is just some misc clutter like nails and spare parts. I've been doing other things for the day so far, but when I get back into troubleshooting this I guess I'll fire up the Creation Kit and try to hunt down the script/container from there.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Could you upload a savegame?
found in ..\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves.
We'll need the skse and the ess of a manual (no quick- or auto-) save.
Pack them to a rar or zip archive and attach them to a post here :)
MarkusParkus
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

12.08.2017 20:28rux616 hat geschrieben:
So after updating to 1.2.2.1, I am now CTD'ing every time I attempt to access my secure chest.
I'm also getting CtD since update every time I loot chests and bodies or open character inventory, my characters wrists are also invisible since update!
Running completely vanilla skyrim and enderal.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

13.08.2017 10:19MarkusParkus hat geschrieben:
I'm also getting CtD since update every time I loot chests and bodies or open character inventory, my characters wrists are also invisible since update!
Running completely vanilla skyrim and enderal.
This is your report, right? Did you encounter the crash with patch 1.2.0.7 or 1.2.2.0 before patching to 1.2.2.1?
I can reproduce your crash, but only with your save only on the english version.
You've cheated quite a lot, which cheats exactly?

I fixed the forearm issue (don't know why it popped up, nothing was changed on the model).

@rux616
Please attach your save.

Edit: And a question to both of you: Are all saves affected or only new ones? What happens when you start a new game?
rux616
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

stuemper, thanks for taking some time to look into this. I'm not sure if your first question was addressed to me, but I'll answer anyway: I was able to run fine on 1.2.2.0, and only started crashing on 1.2.2.1.

I think this is related to a specific item, because I have an older save from when I was level 53 where I can still access the secure chest, and then a few saves later I am unable to. I feel this is reinforced by the fact that the crashing doesn't happen on a new game. I am attaching both the good and bad save, and my most recent one (which is also bad).
  • Save 614 - Last convenient good save I have.
  • Save 618 - First convenient bad save I have.
  • Save 645 - Most recent (bad) save I have.
Edit: Also, if you need the mods to test just let me know and I'll upload the customized ones as needed.
Dateianhänge
Saves.zip
(7.9 MiB) 45-mal heruntergeladen
MarkusParkus
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

13.08.2017 12:08stuemper hat geschrieben:

This is your report, right? Did you encounter the crash with patch 1.2.0.7 or 1.2.2.0 before patching to 1.2.2.1?
I can reproduce your crash, but only with your save only on the english version.
You've cheated quite a lot, which cheats exactly?

I fixed the forearm issue (don't know why it popped up, nothing was changed on the model).

Edit: And a question to both of you: Are all saves affected or only new ones? What happens when you start a new game?
Hi stuemper, massive thanks for the reply!
The crash and forearm issue is only since 1.2.2.1, I think the forearm issue was caused by the 'order robes' I got through console commands, if I 'unequip all' through console the forearms return, but I still get the crash when I try open inventory or loot.

I have a save from around 6hours of gameplay ago that isn't affected by the crashes. Also starting a new game is bug free.
Sorry for cheating! its my second play and wanted to rush the early game.
I've used no clipping, god mode, additem, unlock, time advance, killall.
rux616
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

@stuemper Are there any details available that describe exactly which records were touched by 1.2.2.1? If there are then I can help and start hunting around for anything that looks suspect and test it.

Barring that, I ask again if there is any way for me to roll back to 1.2.2.0.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

No records were touched with 1.1.2.1, it was only a string fix with a new update.esm. I assume that some mods or/and items added via the console probably caused this problem for you like it happened to @MarkusParkus. Have you recently added mods and/or items?
I would suggest to go back to a previous save and replay it. Does the crashes occur again? Between save 614 and 618 you've placed something in the secure chest which causes it to crash.
19 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2