Crash after updating to 1.2.2.1 

Moderator: Moderatoren

19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
rux616
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

That's really weird as my mods have been stable for a while. (Since before the 1.2.2.0 update.)

Thankfully the mods I use don't add very many items to the game so testing shouldn't be a gargantuan task. I've got things to do tonight when I get home, but I will be able to work on this later in the evening.

I'll keep you posted.
rux616
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ok, I figured it out. For some reason the item "Staff of the Burning Call" (FormID: 00029B78, EditorID: _00E_StaffOfTheBurningCall) crashes my game now.

No clue why as the mods I have installed don't touch anything dealing with this weapon.

For others that end up dealing with this type of thing, I'm going to describe how I fixed it.

In my case because I was dealing with the Secure Storage chest, I needed a way to record the ridiculous amounts of items I had stored there. Enter: ConSkrybe. It's an amazing little SKSE plugin that records your console input (and output) to a log file (conveniently named "ConSkrybe.log") in the main Skyrim directory.

First, I dumped the inventory list of the secure storage chest (refid 5c132) to the console using the following commands:
Code: Alles auswählen
prid 5c132
showinventory
Next I made a small python script to process the output of the ConSkrybe log file and turn it into Skyrim batch script to remove items:
[+] Python script
Code: Alles auswählen
import re

# regex strings used for matching
regex_quantity = '^\d+'
regex_itemid = '[0-9A-F]{8}'

# declare variables as lists
linecontent = []
quantity = []
itemid = []

# read the conskrybe log into the script
with open('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\ConSkrybe.log') as file:
    linecontent = file.readlines()

# script all whitespace off either end of each line
linecontent = [line.strip() for line in linecontent]

# check if an individual line should be parsed further and added to the itemid and quantity lists
for line in linecontent:
    if re.search(regex_quantity, line) is None:
        # if the line does not start with a number, move on to the next line
        continue
    else:
        # line starts with a number, so pull out said number (quantity) and the item id
        quantity.append(re.search(regex_quantity, line).group(0))
        itemid.append(re.search(regex_itemid, line).group(0))

# write the itemids and quantities to a file
with open('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\removeitem.skybat', 'w') as file:
    for id in range(0, len(itemid)):
        file.write('removeitem ' + itemid[id] + ' ' + quantity[id] + '\n')
Now, pick half of the list, delete it from the removeitem.skybat file, and save the file, but do not close the file because you will be making use of the undo feature. If your text editor is being weird about it, get something like Notepad++. The theory here is that you use the script to remove half of the items in the chest each time, resulting in a smaller number of crashes (and subsequent restarts) until you figure out which item is being vexing. Let's say you have 16 items in the chest. You would edit the removeitem.skybat file and delete the second half of the file, with the result that when you run the skybat file, it will only remove the first half of the chest contents. If you open up the chest and still crash, you know that none of the 8 items you just removed via the skybat file is the culprit. At this point, you would undo the changes to the skybat file, and select 4 of the other 8 items to removed, and so on, until you find the item.

Now, when you go ingame, do the following:
  • Code: Alles auswählen
    prid 5c132
    to select the storage chest.
  • Code: Alles auswählen
    bat removeitem.skybat
    to run the skybat file and remove however many items are called for.
  • Open the chest to see if you crash.
  • If you crash, the item is still in the chest, so alter the removeitem.skybat file using the method above and try again.
  • If you don't crash, alter the removeitem.skybat to remove different items, load up the previous save, and try again.
It's a bit tedious, but it will ultimately lead you to the offending item.
Sharelf
Bettler
Bettler

I hope it's ok to post here when it's marked 'solved' but this is happening to me as well. Game playing fine right up until I installed 1.2.2.1, now it crashes every time I try to open my inventory. I've tried back several saves and it keeps happening. I only had one mod installed which was waitnoheal and I've disabled that which still doesn't help. I do keep things in the secure chest but mainly I keep things in my inventory. I can't see any way to roll back the upgrade so I don't know what to do now. I don't want to start over as I have many hours invested. I'm not familiar with the console so the 'solution' seems very complicated to me.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

This is not really solved, at least it wasn't marked as solved by us. This particular issue was present in early development and disappeared at some point. Now here it is again. We work on a solution for the next patch.
rux616
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

@stuemper would you like me to unmark this as solved for now?

@Sharelf the same method that I used in my previous post should work for the player inventory as well, you would just need to target the commands at "player" instead and you wouldn't use the "prid ..." command at all. To target the other commands at the player's inventory you just need to prefix the commands with "player.", e.g. "player.showinventory".

Hope this helps.
Sharelf
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks, but not being familiar with console commands it seemed extremely complicated to me, and long. I'm hoping they will soon release a new patch which will fix the issue. In the meantime I can't play so having slight withdrawal pangs!
Enohpoxas
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

As someone with the same problem (CtD after updating to patch 1.2.2.1 when opening an inventory containing the Staff of the Burning Call), I have figured out how to fix it if you know the itemID of the conflicting item.

What you do is that you launch the save file and open console. Then you type the following,

"prid 5c132" (For targeting the secure chest inventory).

"removeitem 29b78 1" (For removing the conflicting item, Staff of the Burning Call)

Done.

If the item is in your player inventory, you simply do as before but in the console you type

"player.removeitem 29b78 1"

Done.

I hope this helps as much as it did for me, as the bat file solution didn't quite work for me.
(I probably did something wrong as I am new to such stuff).
Sharelf
Bettler
Bettler

The latest patch has fixed this issue for me - yay! Thanks
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Nice, glad it works now. :)
19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2