German sound with English subtitles 

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Rust12
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Excuse me if this was already asked.
Is there any option to play with German voices combined with English subtitles?

As far as I understand I have to download entire 8GB archive with German version of the mod and install it again, so I could extract .bsa-file with German audio. But it seems to be pretty long and unpleasant procedure.

So can I ask you to put German SoundVoice.bsa file somewhere so that everyone interested could download it without getting throught all those procedures?
Thank you in advance.
reznovic
Bettler
Bettler

Guys? I want to know this as well.

I want to play with German voices in combination with English subs too if that is possible.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Hey there :-)

Basically you can try to play the EV with German voice, but there will be several times when you will encounter problems.

The main issue is that we have rewritten the dialogue for the EV, so the dialogue in the EV isn't a literal translation - there are many new sentences, sentences where the entire structure or even the flow was changed to fit new sentences in the old dialogue chart (has something to do with Skyrim's limitations on dialogue length).

There are even cases in which the subtitle will say something entirely different than the voice.
This led to our decision that we won't release an EV with German subs, as it would seem really amateurish.

To get an EV with German subs, one would have to take the German version and translate every dialogue sentence from scratch, this time literally and in the correct flow, so that the voices would match - and that would be a new translation project on its own.

Best Regards,
Caleb.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1