Game randomly crashes

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
casper5632
Bettler
Bettler

I am running into an issue where Enderal will randomly crash to desktop. It seems to happen out of nowhere, and sometimes it happens when I tab out during a loading screen. All I get is the entire "Skyrim.exe is not responding" and then the game closes and I lose everything I had done in the last <5 minutes. I have tried completely uninstalling skyrim and the mod, reinstalling both of them, and verifying that there are no mods running at the time. I am on Windows 10, and do not have any problems like this in other games.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

first question:
is the crashing really random, or does it crash every fifteen minutes?
[+] in that case
we had such a problem a while ago, in german though

1) are there touchscreen - monitors (or something like that) installed?
unplug them, restart the PC
the quote I stumbled upon back then:

I have solved the problem. The Windows process tabtip32.exe appears to be involved. After killing that process,
I was finally able to break the 15-minute barrier and play for as long as I liked.
A little more research revealed that this is part of the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
Disabling that service will prevent tabtip32.exe from loading after a reboot.

2) or do you have a Logitech mouse? look at this here
the user back then stated that closing LogiOptions.exe and LogiOptionsMGR.exe helped
________
otherwise:
how long are you able to play?
crashes every few hours are somewhat expected - it's still the Skyrim engine ;)
take a look at ENBoost, that'll help a lot

also, to clarify - you did not try to "verify integrity of game files" did you?
this kills the game.
Calibrax
Gauner
Gauner

You can try a few things, but it might still crash but less often. (Mostly in "Ark Market" for me)

• Disable touch keyboard
Open up the Services menu by pressing Windows+R on your keyboard and typing “services.msc”

Scroll until you locate the “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service”. Double click on the entry.

Look for “Startup type” and, in the drop down menu, change it to “Disabled”. At the bottom of the window, under “Service status”, click “Stop” to halt the service.

• Change the sample rate to 24 bit / 44100 Hz
"Start -> Control Panel -> Sound

Select the output speakers being used and click Properties

Under the advanced tab, change the sample rate to 24 bit / 44100 Hz"

• Disable anti-aliasing, filtering and V-sync
From Enderal Launcher, Settings, Common.

• Set Shadows to High instead of Very High
From Enderal Launcher, Settings, Details.

• Enable OneTweak
From Enderal Launcher, Settings, Common.

• Disable Steam Cloud Save Game Synchronization
In your Steam Library, right-click on The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim and select "Properties."

Click the "Updates" tab. Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization"

• Disable Steam Overlay
In your Steam Library, right-click on The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim and select "Properties."

Click the "General" tab. Uncheck "Enable Overlay While In Game"

:Warning This may Cause Skyrim to not detect the Keyboard, just toggle "Enable Overlay While In Game" and restart Steam to fix.
casper5632
Bettler
Bettler

I cant give an exact timeframe because its happened anywhere from 7 minutes into play to a half hour into play. I did not verify integrity through steam, but a full reinstall of everything as per the instructions should accomplish the same thing

I can understand all those steps having an effect, except for shadow quality. Why would shadow quality cause the game to crash?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

apparently the shadows are pretty performance-hungry.

the OneTweak option could be the issue - try with and without enabling it.
iirc people have differing experiences with that (makes game either more stable or.. not)

otherwise, did you try the other steps?
did anything help at least a bit?

has it been crashing from the very beginning like that, or did an event of some kind (that you know of) trigger it?
maybe a newly installed driver, some new hardware, a just started quest, a patch...?

the game does not crash every time you change the cell/ talk to someone/open the map/or somehting like this, correct?
(just so we're on the same page about "random" :D )

saying that no mods were running at the time implies that you had mods installed -
which ones exactly? if there was an incompatibly it could very well still affect savegames,
even if they're not installed/activated anymore.

you could also (if already named stuff doesn't help) upload a savegame -
found in Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves pack the *.ess and the*.skse of a manual save (no auto- or quicksave)
to a zip or rar package and attach it here.
casper5632
Bettler
Bettler

Okay, so I set shadows to high, disabled steam cloud saving, disabled the steam overlay, and finished my work in riverville (Or whatever that starting town is), and now I didnt get a random crash in 3 hours of play.

I am still suffering from pretty common crashing when I tab out of the game, especially during a loading screen. I am not sure if this is occurring because im doing it during a loading screen, or it is because I almost exclusively feel the need to tab out while it loads, but that seems to be the only cause of crashing now.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

yeah then
maybe don't do that :|
I never tab out, so I don't know if crashing is a general occurence then.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1