Jump and sprint stopped working - fix

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
ken rolston
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I discovered that space-to-jump and Lalt to sprint had stopped working.

I traced my problem to an alchemy station in Glimmerdust cave [the lower station... not the one on a higher platform].
- When I tried to use the lower station, nothing happened. I pressed [E] to activate the alchemy interface, but there was no response at all to the keypress. It seemed odd... but I guessed there was a design reason, and kept playing.

Then I played for quite a while before I noticed I couldn't jump. Or sprint.

Through google searches, I tracked reports of a similar "can't jump or sprint" bug in Skyrim, with various fixes... but none worked for me.
- But I did notice that the bug as reported seemed to relate to animations... someone suggested to USE an alchemy station to clear the bug.

I recalled the alchemy station fault in Glimmerdust Cave, loaded a save before the fault, and Lalt and space was working normally.
- This time I tried to reproduce the alchemy station fault, but without success. I thought it might be related to sneaking, or activating the station while sliding down stairs, but I could not reproduce the bug.

Summary: If you have an issue with jump-space or sprint-Lalt control issues, think back for strange behavior with an alchemy station, or mining with a pickaxe, or some other animation-related sequence. Then load a previous save.
- BTW: None of the many solutions posted in other forums [eg, swimming, redefing keys, relaoding saves, etc.] worked for my issue.

And BTW: Enderal is AWESOME. Thanks, SureAI. I am the Ken Rolston who was lead designer on Morrowind and Oblivion. And I am having enormous fun with the open world experience. And exceptional dialog and voice performances in the English translation.
Synthoras
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Did you sneak when using the alchemy station?
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1