crash problems

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

I'm having major issues with this game. At least half of the time my game will crash randomly at a certain time when I'm just walking. It's rare for me to close the game myself instead of it crashing and me giving up. It's really killing my vibe to play this because everytime I lose progress and yes I know should save often but after the crash I have to do a full restart of my pc because even if I load my save again it crashes immediately. Did anyone else have issues with frequent crashes? I'm not using any major mods, just one which changes the prices of skill books and ambrosia.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Could you make sure that the crashes aren't caused by your installed mods?
How often does these crashes occur? Is any crash pattern identifiable? Did you tried changing up your CPU/RAM usage in the launcher settings or tried to lower the graphics/details etc.?

Could you attach a savegame?
Savegames can be found here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse and one .ess (please zip them together)
Thanks.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Tilliboy hat geschrieben:
Could you make sure that the crashes aren't caused by your installed mods?
How often does these crashes occur? Is any crash pattern identifiable? Did you tried changing up your CPU/RAM usage in the launcher settings or tried to lower the graphics/details etc.?

Could you attach a savegame?
Savegames can be found here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse and one .ess (please zip them together)
Thanks.
Well I wouldn't think so. As I said all the mod does is change the price of skill books and ambrosia. I could turn turn it off but I doubt it would change anything. These crashes occur about half of the times I'm playing a period of time maybe more. There could be pattern, iirc it only happened near or in settlements, it happened frequently in Ark and near and in Riverville. It could have also happened in the overworld but I can't remember so yeah that probably means it only happened a few times there. Sometimes I have to restart after a crash because my saves won't load anymore because it just crashes during loading.

Yes I lowered my graphics but can't/won't go any lower or it'll start to look real ugly. In the launcher settings: CPU settings is 4 and RAM usage is 7 GB. I increased this in the beginning in the hopes it would improve my fps. I packed the files there were two ess files: ess and ess.bak so I just in case I put that one in there too. Thanks.
Dateianhänge
saves.zip
(4.15 MiB) 55-mal heruntergeladen
Adrenalyze
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 33 Mal

In addition to Tilliboys suggestions try this too.

- Verify your STEAM subscriptions (mods) for active subscriptions
- Click OneTweak once and disable 'Window mode' / VSYNC.
- Open the page 'Optimization' under settings in the Enderal launcher, turn off any experimental multi-threading
- Disable your security software until reboot. The same for any graphic utility (EVGA PrecX, MSI Afterburner.)
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Just ran it & works on my machine (vanilla for testing)

Are you using Enderal launcher, or some other? I think one has a memory leak, so I start game from SKSE_Loader. Am guessing most prefer a mod manager. ; D

What I've found in my games is that it's stable for about an hour or so, then maybe cache or something starts eating up free memory.

Then, just as you say, *always* gets worse in complex places like Ark, towns, or complex ruins. Hangs or crashes.

Stinks, and not telling you anything you haven't tried but...

Exit & reboot every hour or so... : /

Best wishes! Maybe Tilliboy or moderator will be able to give us more info. :)
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:
Just ran it & works on my machine (vanilla for testing)

Are you using Enderal launcher, or some other? I think one has a memory leak, so I start game from SKSE_Loader. Am guessing most prefer a mod manager. ; D

What I've found in my games is that it's stable for about an hour or so, then maybe cache or something starts eating up free memory.

Then, just as you say, *always* gets worse in complex places like Ark, towns, or complex ruins. Hangs or crashes.

Stinks, and not telling you anything you haven't tried but...

Exit & reboot every hour or so... : /

Best wishes! Maybe Tilliboy or moderator will be able to give us more info. :)
Wait a friggin memory leak? Just my luck lol. Well if I can't play continuously then that sucks . I am using the Launcher yes.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Can't prove it's the launcher. One member here reported it. So I just decided to try rebooting every now & then to clear out stuff. Seems to have helped everywhere but Ark which still has CPU fan revving away at 200,000 rpm or something. Probably not good for it, so sadly-- I avoid capital city when I can.

On the bright side, taking a break every now & then really helps my eyes & game play. When first got Enderal, was on vacation & binged on it. Rebooting makes me take a break & tend to notice stuff I didn't on first go around.

And yes, that's really rationalizing! ; )

Best!
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

I noticed performance get's choppier as the game goes on, until it suddenly gets to 1-2 fps and then goes on back to normal fps for 1-2 more seconds and then crashes. It's a bummer but yeah if restarting is the solution then I'll do it.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
I noticed performance get's choppier as the game goes on, until it suddenly gets to 1-2 fps and then goes on back to normal fps for 1-2 more seconds and then crashes. It's a bummer but yeah if restarting is the solution then I'll do it.
Could you post your PC specs? Seems like a problem while loading new cells.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Here you go:
cpu AMD Phenom II X4 965 overclocked to 3,6 ghz
mobo Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P
8 gigs of DDR3 ram
gpu ATI HD 5770 1 gig VRAM
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1