Translating Enderal German vs English

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
my_summertime
Krieger
Krieger

Translating Enderal German vs English

I have a question to creators of Enderal (not only of course) about differences between English and German version when it comes to esp and strings.

I'm working on Polish translation (from English) of Enderal, and there are many untranslated strings (they're still in German). I haven't seen or heard them in English Version, but are they used in German version? I'm talking about unfinished or unused quests - just the finished ones.

Here's example:
https://s14.postimg.org/nizu3imk1/german_strings.jpg

My friend uses German esp. Does he have to translate everything? Is German version "richer"? Or maybe I can assume this: something hadn't been translated to English wasn't used in German version?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

my_summertime hat geschrieben:
Or maybe I can assume this: something hadn't been translated to English wasn't used in German version?
That's the right one :-)

Unless it is something I forgot to translate (which can happen if you take into account how few people translated Enderal) all things which are currently still in German are either not in use or CK only corner cases (something even modders most likely won't need). There are still some German messages but hopefully the next patch makes all of them localizeable, at which point you can also find them in the strings/esm :-)

Best Regards,
Caleb.
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1