I tried to delete this game impatiently and now it's broken

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
jonpawn
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

It was my first time playing Skyrim in months, and I was wondering why my loadscreen looked different. I then remembered that I had installed Enderal! Without thinking about going into my launcher and uninstalling it correctly, I went into my game files for Skyrim
(C>ProgramFiles x86> Steam > Steamapps > Common > Skyrim ... or something like that) and I just started deleting everything with the word Enderal in it. So now my launcher which I'm supposed to use to uninstall it is gone.

Here's what I've tried so far to fix this:

- deleting and reinstalling Skyrim
- reinstalling the launcher to see if I could still delete it
- rebooting my computer

To those wondering what my startup looks like I will describe it. I can load the main main menu very well but whenever I click 'New' or 'Continue' it just keeps loading forever, often inducing a crash.

I've tried complaining on the steam forums looking for a fix, even resorting to talking to the legendary Ilja himself but I've gotten no luck. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Enderal and do wish to play it again but for now I wanna play some normal modded Skyrim. I cannot insert a link as this is my first post so if you search 'Uninstalling Enderal like an idiot.' it should come up.

Some help from someone who knows what they're doing would be very much appreciated. Thonks.
jonpawn
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Please do not reply through email as I used a temporary email because I'm having a lot of technical difficulties.
Adrenalyze
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 33 Mal

What exactly do you want to do? Repair your old modded Skyrim installation? I doubt the possibility to help you with that.

What you could try to do - Install Skyrim, Install Enderal, Use the Enderal Launcher to uninstall. Add any missing mod files you may have removed prior. You can use tools as WryeBash / MO or TES5Edit, et cetera. to verify which mods you had installed prior to Enderal.

The best solution for you - Remove ANY trace of Skyrim manually. Uninstall Skyrim. Remove your Skyrim installation folder. Install Skyrim. Check your which mods you had installed and try to restore it manually or cancel your party on the weekend and spent full fledged weekend to mod Skyirm to the max. :)
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1