Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Dikong227
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

(x-post /r/enderal)
I quoted from the op
So in the middle of a dungeon i was over encumbered. I meditated to a strange place and dumped everything, leveled and left. Finished the dungeon and teleported to Ark to sell my crap. I leveled up and when i went to use my memory point, low and behold all my crap was still there. I tested loading, quiting changing locations and sleeping. The items stay in A strange place. Prolly as bug, but temp storage if you dont want to drop anything and cant leave a dungeon.
is this bug or feature ?

dont mind me, just asking
Dateianhänge
BWwPol7.jpg
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

Thanks to Enderal my head is finally useful for a change :dumb: . I never thought of dropping items there, but apparently there were some people, who have had the idea before. Someone already suggested to expand the place a bit by a mod here.
I wouldn't call it a bug, perhaps an oversight, but at least a convenient one.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

It's a bug ;)
I've submitted it at the bugtracker.
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 52 Mal

Isn't that normal?
Meditation world (=Akropolis) is a separate worldspace, like Vyn (or Skyrim). If I drop items in an exterior in Vyn (or Skyrim) they remain there as well. At least that's what I have experienced.
R33s2
Schurke
Schurke

If you put too much in there the last time, when you go back you end up stuck in the floor at eye level, the only way out "Z" is to take it all with you.
I think it is weight not number of items, as indicated by sinking.
I use my mind to store my great sword and mace.
I drag a corpse to a convenient location and "Mark" that spot outside, usually just inside a door.
You can fill them with any amount of gear but clear it daily, they dissolve.
technothrasher
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I've been very much enjoying the game, but I've wondered why you can use the 'meditation world,' or whatever you call it, where you choose memories, as a trunk. If you strip every dead enemy of all their stuff, dump it all in meditation world each time you get overweight, and then cash it all in when you get back to town, you very quickly end up with more pennies than you know what to do with. In fact, the only money issues I've ever had in the game is simply buying out all the merchants in Ark of all their pennies and having to wait until they refill to continue selling stuff. I had both houses in Ark bought and fully furnished at a very low level, simply because cash was piling up. And, of course, because of this ability to store anything in meditation world and get to it whenever you want, weight is entirely a non-issue in the game as well as money. The whole thing just seems to me like an unintended oversight.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

See https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php? ... items+head

This link (from last September) mentions it being submitted to the bug tracker, so If you can still do it I guess SureAI doesn't consider it a big deal, or it is too much trouble to change for some reason.
technothrasher
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Interesting, thanks. I guess it isn't really a big deal, since you can simply not do it if it ruins the game for you, right?
Toft
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I seem to remember reading that the "MeditatiWorld" thing had to be a Bit Of A Kludge, because of, y'know, Skyrim Engine-y things - it was intended to be a Menu/Screen, but for <reasons> they couldnt. Personally, I think that the island should be cleared of stuff every time you leave, but if this meant that it took 10-times as long to re-create the island every time, rather than just pop across and visit, then im happy with what it is. AND (Cf TechnoThrasher) "George! DON'T Do that!".

I am Convinced that the island gets the same treatment as barrels and dead bodies as far as storage is concerned, so i regard it as "unsafe storage" unless you just have to pop back for something you forgot, and immediately return to <do whatever>. I "know" i am correct, so don't bother me with whatever you know is the truth, so there mleur ;-}
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Thanks for the hint! That was actually unintended. We are trying to fix this. :)
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1