Installation Question [solved]

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
morphe
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello,

I watched Gopher's installation video in the Installation Issues thread, and he mentions that if you have NexusModManager to recommend setting to a vanilla profile before installing the game.
Gopher also mentioned that the Enderal installation process will create a new Data folder and back up the previous Data folder.

Well, I have ~30 mods installed through both Steam Workshop and some manual installs from Nexus Mods. Do I need to uninstall these, or move them or anything, before installating Enderal?
Or will Enderal installation "move" all these mods for the time being, and I don't need to worry about the steam workshop mods for now?

Thanks
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

@morphe ...

I guess how you go about installing Enderal depends on what you plan to do with Skyrim afterwards. Do you plan on playing your modded Skyrim again sometime after installing Enderal? Do you want to use any mods with Enderal besides Enderal itself?

Personally ... with a modded Skyrim that you may want to play again later ... I would make some changes before installing Enderal and not go through the default installation process in the Enderal launcher. I use Mod Organizer and not NMM ... so things will be a little different in your case from what I went through. Not sure about the Steam Workshop mods, but NMM installs mods in Skyrim's Data folder. And yes, Enderal will move those mod files to a backup folder as part of its default installation. I would move or rename my current Skyrim installation and install Enderal into a separate clean Skyrim install. I have read quite a few posts from users relying on the Enderal uninstall/reinstall process to replace a modded Skyrim who have had problems playing Skyrim again.

If you want to use the mods you currently have installed with Skyrim ... keep two things in mind. (1) Some or all of those mods may not be compatible with Enderal since it replaces Skyrim's base files. (2) If you use the default Enderal installation process, your current mods will be moved and therefore you would need to reinstall them into your Enderal installation.
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1