Yero's cellar Starling locks

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
wallacer
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

This is not a bug, however I was wondering if in the next update the completion time for the puzzle involving inserting the 5 wooden sticks in the starling locks could be increased?
Maybe i'm just not that great at this kind of thing, but it seems unbelievably difficult. So much so that I've had to give up on the mod as the main questline cannot be completed until the starling locks puzzle is completed.
Failing that, is there something in the commandline that can force the puzzle to complete?

Thanks in advance.
Badlincoln
Bettler
Bettler

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Hey guys and girls,

Since many of you have asked for help regarding the stick puzzle in "The Void", here are two workarounds to help you get past it:

1.) Before trying the second method, try to solve the puzzle by first inserting the sticks in the boltholes on the upper-levels; then, drop down onto where Jespar stands (or somewhere near) and take the last two boltholtes.

2.) If that doesn't work out, open up the console by hitting the ^ key. Then, type in: player.setav speedmult 135. Close console again and hit ALT to update the player speed. You should now run with 35% more speed. Once you've finished the puzzle, open up the console again and type player.setav speedmult 100. Then sprint again to update the speed again.

Sorry for any frustration the puzzles might have caused- neither our devs nor the QA had problems with it, so we didn't think of implementing an alternative solution. :)

Enjoy,

Nicolas

From the pinned thread about the puzzle.
theslowarrow
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I guess you could also use console command "player.moveto xxx", where xxx is the object id of boltholes(you can get that by clicking on boltholes in console).
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Thanks for mentioning Nicoloas solution.
We will probably increase the timers based on the chosen difficulty (can't tell you in which patch).
Otherwise check out some Let's plays and watch how it's solved there.
C_Wilcox
Bettler
Bettler

I, too, have been unable to complete this task. I have tried increasing the sprint speed to 150 but without any benefit. I can get the third stick into place before the first one breaks. Its a combination of my inability to control the sprint and interact with the target starling locks. I watched Gopher do this and he just breezed through it, so I really feel hopeless. :oops:
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

If you lower the game difficulty in the ingame options, you'll get more time to place the sticks. If you still have a problem with the quest, you could attach your savegame.
Savegames are located here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse file and one .ess file (please zip them together)

I'll do it for you.

And we should again consider lowering the timer a bit more.
C_Wilcox
Bettler
Bettler

I had already lowered the difficulty to the simplest level, removed all weapons and armor, and still can't manage to do this. I appreciate your help.
Dateianhänge
Wilcox Yero's Cellar.7z
(715.62 KiB) 59-mal heruntergeladen
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Here this save is right after the lock puzzle was finished.
Set the difficulty again to the grade you want to play on. There won't be more of these speedpuzzles. :)
Dateianhänge
starlinglock.rar
(741.49 KiB) 70-mal heruntergeladen
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

There won't be more of these speedpuzzles
Well,
[+]
there is one to find the treasure in the house in Riverville, and then there is catching the dog in Silver Grove.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Yeah, okay. I have to correct me.
[+]
But the treasure is not required to finish the mainquest and the scene with the dog will also be adjusted with the respective difficulty. The next patch will make the pathfinding more reliable for the dog and the player. The dog puzzle was never really such a big "problem" like the starling lock puzzle, since it does not require to coordinate sprinting with playing looks. You only need to sprint., there are a lot of potions which boost your stamina and the path of the dog will be the same everytime.
However we will make it easier, too.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2