11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hey guys and girls,

Since many of you have asked for help regarding the stick puzzle in "The Void", here are two workarounds to help you get past it:

1.) Before trying the second method, try to solve the puzzle by first inserting the sticks in the boltholes on the upper-levels; then, drop down onto where Jespar stands (or somewhere near) and take the last two boltholtes.

2.) If that doesn't work out, open up the console by hitting the ^ key. Then, type in: player.setav speedmult 135. Close console again and hit ALT to update the player speed. You should now run with 35% more speed. Once you've finished the puzzle, open up the console again and type player.setav speedmult 100. Then sprint again to update the speed again.

Sorry for any frustration the puzzles might have caused- neither our devs nor the QA had problems with it, so we didn't think of implementing an alternative solution. :)

Enjoy,

Nicolas
BlackPhi
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Thank you, that helped.

Can I suggest that the time available should vary according to the difficulty level? That would seem to me to be logical. Not all of us are fit youngsters with fast reaction times ;)
anduril38
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Took several tries but I got it in the end :)
Morbide
Ritter
Ritter

After trying a gazillion times and failing just before the last stick, I used TCL to bypass the door. That wasn't ideal because it meant I had 2 quest markers while searching for the way to Ark. Next playthrough I'll be using this mod which gives you 30 seconds to complete the puzzle.
walpurgisnacht
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Actually, all that is needed is to take all of your gear and put it in a sack (there is one convienently located near the two bottom star locks). You apparently run faster with 0 encumbrance. Just remember to loot it all back and re-equip/re-favorite your items.
Morbide
Ritter
Ritter

Yeah, and then I'll have to favourite all my things again. No thanks, I'll just cheat and use the mod.
R33s2
Schurke
Schurke

I managed it by jumping from the 1st to the 2nd, much quicker and you can cut the corner of the upper walkway. Still it is harder than needs to be.
walpurgisnacht
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Morbide hat geschrieben:
Yeah, and then I'll have to favourite all my things again. No thanks, I'll just cheat and use the mod.
Oh I also totally forgot myself that you can sprint in Skyrim if you hold down alt http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Sprinting
MichaelSeph
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

The quest itself pops a text in middle of your screen saying you should Left Alt sprint... done it on first attempt after I got what Im supposed to do with the sticks and where they are. First the 2 up, the one on the other side, then sprinting down, no need to jump as you fall on the right platform to put in the last 2 sticks.

Slowpokes.
Elvlanden
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Ehhh... My wife finish "the void" with tcl and now has message "by pressing Alt you can sprint bla bla bla..." stucked on center of screen...
She comes forward and now doasn't want to load old saves... BTW i check it now - she ony use quickk- and autosave...
Is there any good solution? Like type "XXXXX" and this message stop showing?
Please help... :)
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2